“Friendly, courteous staff, ideal location”

Hotel Nuovo Rebecchino
Ranked #103 of 185 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed June 20, 2009

We booked this holiday before reading the other reviews of Naples and were then worried about our choice of location, and indeed the whole of Naples!
How wrong they were, and how fantastic was our holiday!?
The Nuovo Rebecchino is ideally located near the station, meaning easy & fast access to all famous sites in the area (Pompeii, Herculanium, Sorrento, Amalfi, Caserta,etc). It is also very close to the old town, which is fantastic during the day, but mostly shut at night.
The reception staff were helpful & courteous. I'd especially like to say 'Gracie Mille' to the cleaning lady who was very efficient and friendly (despite my feeble attempts at Italian!).
Our room was neat & clean, plenty of space (cupboard & floor) comfy beds, with a safe, and most importantly - free WiFi access (as I needed to do some work). We faced an inner courtyard so the room was very quiet. Breakfast was basic, but I believe that's the way it is everywhere in Naples.
When we left we were given a present and a little note thanking us for ignoring the bad press and visiting Naples. Later, when we were crossing the square, the cleaning lady (who was out shopping) ran up to us to wish us well - it was so lovely!
We read that the area around the station was basically a 'no go area' after dark, when in fact, we had no bother at all. Although there were a few blokes hanging around outside the supermarket having a drink, they totally ignored us (& us them). At first I was worried by what I read and that spoilt our first venture out - but I wish I hadn't read the reviews - we wandered around all over with no hassle. Found a fantastic Pizzeria round the corner (called Trianon), which was so good we ended up eating there 5 times! There are other restaurants all around the square - some good, some very bad!
I think Naples is a REAL city, rather than the tourist towns further round the coast. I felt very comfortable here, so it really depends if you want real Italy or a 'Disneyland' version.
if you are thinking of visiting the city, I'd say - GO, and if your looking for a hotel - STAY HERE!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SanRobbo

Reviewed April 27, 2009

Do you want to visit Naples to be close to Pompei, Vesuvius, Herculaneum, Oplontis, Stabia?
Then get accomodation there. Or rather Sorrento.
If you have a free afternoon get the train to Naples, walk around Piazza Trieste e Trento and get back before the sun(shine!) goes down. But only if you happen to have a free afternoon. Do not bother much. Really.
The hotel otherwise is so and so. Rooms small and dark, cleaning VERY superficial (thick dust on hairdrier), breakfast poor and got more and more poor as days went by.
Its location is tragic. Piazza Garibaldi is safe until the afternoon and even then if running through.
The Unesco Heritage Historical Town is for the very brave to enter.
The hotel afterall is very good compared to its setting.
And staff is very friendly and helpful.
Take care in Naples and the whole area!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank member075
Reviewed February 28, 2009

I was in Naples with friends for four days. This hotel was in a very good part of the city, near to shopping facilities and near to museums. The hotel was clean, with friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was good with hot tea or coffee and enough food for all the time that breakfast lasted. Rooms were different, some were large and some were small, but all of them were clean, with comfortable beds, with TV and large bathroom with hot water. The rooms were quiet.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank katka7
Reviewed April 5, 2007

I stayed in this hotel in January 2007 and loved it! The rooms were great (although the plumbing a little noisy until I worked it out). The staff were wonderful. The lady who supervised breakfast, the bar and acted as a concierge during my stay was absolutely fantastic and I could not thank her enough for making me feel welcome.

The location of the hotel was, to me, perfect for wandering around the city. I was able to leave the hotel in the morning and loose myself in the chaos of Naples, returning in the afternoon. The market sellers that are part of Naples can be annoying, but you can also turn their "pestering" into a bit of fun. The man that wanted to sell me a new Nokia mobile phone for 50 euros suddenly changed his mind when I said ok, but I would put it in my pocket and didn't need it in a box - beware of these people!

Breakfast was basic - but really, with so many different nationalities and so many different tastes, to cater to everyones needs would be a little difficult. I enjoyed my cereal, yoghurt and fruit, and cups of tea of a morning, which is much more than I would normally eat at home.

I found night times to be no different - a few nights I went into the Piazza Garibaldi and sat with a beer and watched the world go by. The restaurants the hotel recommends are well worth a visit - the food was magnificent. The free internet was also a bonus.

The Hotel Nuovo Rebecchino was a great find and I am planning to stay there with my children when I introduce them to Naples.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank nalf
Reviewed December 3, 2006

I've been with my wife in this Hotel last september. We have find a grat staff who had help us to visit Naples and to discovery all things about city. just near Metro, Central station and Bus station. Rooms are clean spacious and no noisy, with a nice classic style. And I assure you that it's very hard to find an Hotel no noisy in Napoli city center. If I'll come back in Naples I'll come in this Hotel. If you go in Naples visit it!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ROSCO77
Reviewed September 8, 2006

The hotel room was pleasant, but, the breakfast was very poor and never varied. As I love my food I was pretty disappointed.

The main problem with this hotel was its location. Being next to the train station there was nothing to do at night and every day consisted of saying 'no' to street market sellers offering you 'mobile phones'.

The place was very dirty, with litter stacked up on the streets and people sleeping rough. I lived in a city for years, but, this place made me feel uncomfortable and unsafe.

The train station does have a useful tourist information booth. The staff there are very nice and helpful. The beach which was recommended to us however had little sand and consisted mainly of big boulders. Overall, no need for a beach bag!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LittleChimp
Reviewed July 31, 2006

nice room, moderate airco, less noisy, because duble glass, free internet service, lousy breakfast

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple