“A taste of old world charm.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Nuovo Rebecchino

Hotel Nuovo Rebecchino
Ranked #107 of 189 Hotels in Naples
Svendborg, Denmark
“A taste of old world charm.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

This hotel was a lovely oasis in the heart of frenetic Napoli.
Naples itself was a bit of a shock so it was nice to retire to our own peaceful place.
We loved the older man manning the front desk he just oozed old world charm and was very helpful pointing out places on a map etc...
The front of the hotel is currently being refurbished so unfortunately we couldn't see outside during our stay but the room was very clean, spacious and comfortable.
Breakfast was a little lacking but we've found that all over Italy, unless you like pastry, donuts or croissants you'll be disappointed.
The only negative point (or plus depending on your view) is that this hotel is right around the corner to the train station which is notoriously full of very colorful people. Keep your bags close too you at all times!
I found I loved Naples but I couldn't stay there for a long time as the air pollution effected my eyes and lungs whenever I stepped outside and the amount of rubbish the Napolitan's throw in the street is disgraceful. However the people are very colourful and it was well worth the visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Thai_Rain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
anywhere in the world
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

As many people, we were just passing though Naples. The hotel is just a short (300-400m, 10 mins max) walk from the station.

The staff were helpful and courteous, and the room was clean and really quite large. So no complaints whatsoever about the room and the hotel. I don't really understand the complaints of other members, except to say that Europe is not the same as the US.

So Naples is not the nicest city in Italy but it is a gateway to some world class sights. Which means passing through Naples. Its the price you pay. I wouldn't have any hesitation in staying here again, our room was perfectly adequate for our short stay. In fact, I would say, the room was quite pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank An0nym0use
Barcelona, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I traveled and stayed here as a student, and my experience was so negative that it has merited my first trip advisor review. The average price and fair cleanliness of this hotel doesn't make up for its poor qualities. The entire fourth floor did not have water for our first night. My belongings were rummaged through while I was not in the room. On my last day I thought I had lost a bag containing several valuables. I found it hidden in a discrete closet in the room that I had never opened during the entirety of my stay. "Sketchy" would be a polite description for this corrupt and dishonest establishment. Don't even bother.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank user301842
rebecchino, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Nuovo Rebecchino, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear guest,
we reply also to you that the idraulic problem in 4° floor was caused by a fault in a building near the hotel. For this problem we have received 3 very negative reviews. We want to inform all readers that the problem is solved. About safety in our Hotel and your description “corrupt and dishonest establishment” I want to inform you that our staff work in Hotel from more then 20 years, all honest and friendly and helpful. All our regular guests come back in our Hotel because here they find a family environment and they have a great friendship with all staff. In many years there has never been incidents of theft in the rooms (and we work with Business people who travel with money and jewels). May be that as that you have been in room with your friends students, someone made you a joke. But pay attention before you accuse someone of theft I think that your behaviour is not correct.

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

When I arrived pizza garibaldi,I was shocked even I heard too many warnings...
When I got off from bus,didn't know how to get to hotel and went to behind the hotel...OMG...too much rubbish and dodge markets on small street.I was frightened.
And when we arrived the hotel.the reception was moody and really grumpy.gave us a terrible room.dirty and even bathroom light was not working.I complained and got second floor room.which was better than first floor but still not really good.shower booth is tiny and dirty...I got many bed bugs bites.they never hovered.I states 5nights.I drooped used colored contact lenses in the floor.they were there till I was leaving.
Breakfast is very simple.and not hot food.only cold cheese and ham some rolls,croissants which looks like deep fried.
Don't go out late night as really rough around there.especially u are alone or with kids.
I would recommend you to stay near central pizza which is near castel well ovo...and main square.much cleaner n safer.
If you want to go to pompei and vesuvio.do same day.go to pompei and then there are bus to vesuvio.don't go to eroclano for vesuvio....

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank pingsjin
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

We had a room for four which smelt of smoking despite us asking for non-smoking, was stuffy as the A/C was barely alive, and the windows opened to some scary sights and sounds from the street below.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WillTravelonGravel
Thessaloniki, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

At walking distance from the central station, this hotel is located in an impressive old building with thick (very thick) walls and high ceilings. The room was very well decorated and the furniture was real good-looking antique. We stayed in a room with small balcony at the first floor, which was adequate for the four of us. There was good isolation from external heavy traffick noise, if the inside shutters were closed. The hotel staff was very friendly, and the buffet breakfast was good. The only drawback was the wi-fi reception. You had to go next to room door drawing the (heavy old) chair, but and there the signal was very weak with interruptions from time to time. I can understand that in a building with so thick walls, is very difficult to have a sufficient wi-fi coverage. Anyway, there is a free internet access point near the dinning room with a printing facility.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ambyx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

The hotel was relatively easy to find, within walking distance from the railway station. The sites were also within walking distance.

The staff was exceptional, offering good advice about places to eat and how to get around Naples. Our trip to Pompei was made so much easier after a chat with the hotel staff.

• Stayed July 2011