All reviews lovely customer service nice and clean hotel central station street noise train balcony luggage circumvesuviana supermarket shutters port
Selected filters
Reviewed June 8, 2017

My friend and I were very happy in this good, friendly, well run hotel. The rooms were cleaned everyday in a very discreet way. We felt totally safe and taken care of.
Access open all night with a vigil sitting at the desk. Welcoming us even after midnight.
We might use the place again if we are fortunate enough to visit Naples again.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 6, 2017

We had easy access to the city and the trains, and the staff was extremely kind and helpful. Thank you for an excellent stay and we look forward to coming back. We only stayed the night and would love to see more of the city.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 6, 2017

The location is perfect. We could walk easily to the historic center, to the Garibaldi metro, as well as to the Alibus stop. Sadly, there is no elevator. We including my old mom got rooms on the 2nd floor (read 3rd fl. when counting ground floor as 1). It was a high ceiling building typically found in Naples. So, we decided to leave our luggage at the reception, and walked up with small shoppers. Inconvenient if you have joint problems or mobility issues. We didn't ask, but one hotel staff say that he was not well and couldn't help with the luggage on that day.

We had one room with a nice balcony, and another stuffy room with no balcony - same price. The floor was a bit sticky. One of the towel was old with spots and colors. One night stay is ok.

Room tip: Ask for a room with balcony.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Kaimook
Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Staff were lovely. Our room was a good size and bed sheets were fresh and clean. There is also a small safe in the wardrobe. Plenty of toiletries in the bathroom. Shower door was very narrow but luckily we're not large so managed ok. A bigger person may have a problem getting in. Breakfast was the usual continental, but include some nice homemade tarts/pies. Hotel is ideally located for the train station, just a short walk. Trains to Pompeii and Herculaneum easily accessible and cheap. Very busy though. Some of the streets outside the hotel seemed a bit unsavoury, but we didn't encounter any problems. The hotel staff put us in touch with a contact for a door to door taxi service for one of our trips. Driver also took us back to the airport the day we left. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2016

Just a note to anybody planning a stay at Hotel Garibaldi in Naples Italy,
Be very wary of staff here as it seems that they have a thief working with them.
I arrived at about 2.30 pm and was starving hungry so decided to take a stroll with my family and grab a feed. Before leaving I locked passports and my daughters money belt in the room safe. Before I left I left a little trap so I would know if anybody had been in the safe while I was away.I have done this all around the world in over thirty different countries and this is the first time I have ever found anything amiss.
After 2 hours out we returned to find someone had been in the room and the safe.
My daughter only had 190 euro in the belt but on checking was 20 euro short.
I immediately went and saw the so called manager only to find that his and his sons English had almost entirely disappeared. Having paid on line for several nights it was not what we wanted to see. After promising to refund money and apologising profusely nothing was ever done. Next morning breakfast was an absolute disgrace , 6 tables for two for a hotel with 18 rooms couldn't get a seat and when one was available there was one croissant to be shared between three of us and some lukewarm orange juice. Needless to say we never set foot in the breakfast room again. All in all the hotel thieves aside doesn't deserve to have anyone patronise them until they do some repairs to the shabby building and environment .Definitely the worst hotel in Italy. Thieves ,thieves thieves. Shame on you

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank telmah324
garibaldinapoli, Proprietario at Hotel Garibaldi Naples, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2016

You are the worse person who I met in my life. We do not need Your 20 euros, we are honest people who we work hard for Satisfy our guests.
You wrote this lie Because you wanted a free vacation in Naples.
You and Your family has broken the curtains and You took everything from the minibar.
I make the report to the police of You and Your family. SHAME ON YOU SHAME ON YOU SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!