“Ugly”

Ranked #141 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Ugly”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I am quite a budget traveller, I dont ask for too much, but our room had an ugly smell, bathroom too. It is a 2nd or 3rd floor by stairs, and the neighbourhood far from nice. I have to say I was there only for 1 night, so couldnt see how was the area during the day. I would not recommend it, not even for 1 night! Pay 10 more euros and enjoy your sleep ( I slept dressed because I wouldn want my skin to touch with the sheets - dont know if they were clean, maybe they were, but the smell in the air didnt give me much confidence.)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank josemoli
Ginevra116, Direttore at Hotel Ginevra, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Nizza?!! sorry but meaby you are confuse , we are in Napoli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brighton
Reviewed March 22, 2014

OK this is a cheap hotel. Wanted one night because of early flight next morning. Chose an ethnic room which was fun (ceiling decorated as sky with moons and stars of luminous paint - don't know what Health & Safety would say but it looked pretty with the lights off!). Comfortable bed (no bites next day), quiet at night which I didn't expect, so we slept well. Good hot water in shower. Pleasant receptionist who spoke English.

Was not there during hot weather so did not check if air con was ok or not.

Room Tip: Choose the more expensive rooms (still less than B&B in UK)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Naples
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I like bedbugs, I used to study those animals ander the microscope but at hotel Ginevra Napoli I did not need to use any laboratory tool; I saw the bedbugs with my naked eyes.
If you are interested in the life of insects, I recommend you to stay there at least one night.
In case you do not like bedbugs you surely chose another hotel I guess...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 Thank Julio G
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 27, 2013

the hotel is located about 5 minutes from the main train station and seeing that me and my friends were looking for a one night stay hotel that one had to do. The room was clean, the only complain I might have is towels wise because we were 3 people and had to ask for another set of two towels. There is internet at the hotel, loads of cafes, restaurants and one of the most delicious bakeries in the whole of Naples! The staff was extremely friendly when it came to recommendations and directions of what to do around the city during the day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Schuschinka
middlesbrough england
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were looking for a comfy double near Naples main station and this filled the bill pretty well though the area isn't for the faint hearted but then that's a fact you have to live with if you want to be near the station. The most important thing to note is that there is a lift but it's not obvious so you'll probably need to carry your bags up 2 flghts of stairs. Our room was perfectly satisfactory if a bit old fashioned.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed February 4, 2013

You get what you pay for. Great for a budget traveler looking for a pit stop in Napoli. but dont expect any luxury, instead imagine your somewhere backpacking in south america or india, Very similar. Its extremely close to the train station and walking distance to the Archeological Museum if your going for all the Pompeii Exhibition, but beware.. its a very dodgy area, Backpack to the front ladies! =) but hey, your bound to fall for the charm of Napoli if you have the right adventurous mindset. Enjoy the food and soul of it all!

Room Tip: room 12 has a balcony and a view of the street but scary sink and toilet in the middle of the room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was the first we stayed in on our trip, it was easy to find from the bus 'station' and is literally 2 minutes from the main train station. It's quite a rough area, especially in parts and at night, but nothing too disastrous. We stayed in a super cheap room the first night, and wanted to extend our stay. The only room available was with en/suite, a/c and tv.

The first room was clean and functional, despite a few dark marks on the mattress. The second night, however was cold and uncomfortable, we both acquired a cough from what we can only assume was the air con. The shower was mould-infested and the plug hole blocked with hair from eras and travellers foregone.

The managers were friendly, and although they spoke no English, I know it would be hypocritical to complain about this as my grasp of the Italian language starts with si and ends in grazie.

• Stayed August 2012

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels