“Good hotel close to rail, bus and airport bus- value for money”
Review of Hotel Ginevra

Hotel Ginevra
Ranked #148 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Only 2 minutes from Airport Bus Stop and 4 minutes from the Main Station in Naples this is a small family run hotel which we used twice recently. The rooms were clean and we used economy rooms which had shared use of clean toilets and showers. Both rooms we used had sinks and fans. Excellent value for money as we got double rooms for €30 each single use. No breakfast but machines for coffee and water/snacks. On second floor with no lift but being just off the main road very accessible.

Room Tip: May be worth paying more for better room- ours were economy- small double beds(comfortable) let for...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tchumb

Reviewed May 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights as we were doing a day tour on the Amalfi Coast otherwise we would not of come to Naples.

The hotel is easy to find and very close to the station which makes life easier not having to worry about more transport. The area is pretty dodgy, so you just have to have common sense and ensure that you don't carry a lot of items with and always hold onto your bag.

The hotel room was.. OK. When we arrived the man on reception wasn't happy at all and spoke no English he was however pretty eager for our money. There was no assistance on maps, the city or where we could safely buy food. We couldnt open the bathroom window to let air inside
because there was a pigeon nest outside and the wifi doesn't work regularly. I was also rather worried after reading reviews about bed bugs that there was a plastic sheet over the bed? Was this to prevent bed bugs in the mattress?

When we left we gave them the key and there was no goodbye or Thankyou. If you want to stay somewhere we you have no communication, no help and just a bed then stay here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2011

We booked one night in Hotel Ginevra to be close to the station for our last night in Naples. And boy, is it close to the station. I'd estimate a 2 minute walk (to Piazza Garibaldi, the main train station). This does mean that the area is a bit sketchy, and I definitely would not want to return there late at night.

The hotel itself was clean (a bit old fashioned), a bit rundown perhaps. We stayed in a double room with bathroom. The room was 'Positano themed, and came with a bar fridge and TV. Clean, no complaints.

Macdonalds, pizzerias, chinese food all within 5 minutes. There are vending machines in the lobby area with snacks.

No breakfast included. Free WiFi although the access was intermittent and cut out often.

The owner did not speak much English, so wasn't really friendly or helpful. He did not explain that we needed to leave the key when we went out, and he then was a bit annoyed when we returned to the hotel. Just generally average service.

Not too bad for a short period, as it's fairly cheap.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2011

After reading the reviews for thus place and having a rather bad experience in Rome, my heart sank. But Hotel Ginevra really overcame my expectations. There were no bed bugs, we had access to wireless internet (just ask at the reception). It's a bit noisy at night, and coming home late through Naples can be a bit scary but our room is comfortable, clean and low budget. The staff have also been very friendly despite a significant language barrier in one case.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2010

This hotel and the rooms are nothing like the pictures on the web site. 2 flights of stairs up, It is basic, but it is it is 200 yds from the train station to Rome. I left 2 x rings and a pair of earrings in the ashtray next to the bed, left at 6am, remembered where I'd left my jewellery and could not get back in to retrieve them so had to leave. As soon as I could I emailed the hotel and they say they were not there!! How awful is that? The coffee vending machine took our money but didn't work, and the night manager did not want to communicate. Never again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank rustybuglet
HotelGinevra N, Direttore at Hotel Ginevra, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Sorry our Hotel is in Napoli not in Roma , the hotel ginevra in roma is different , thanks

Reviewed August 20, 2010

I stayed there after having paid online. It was disgusting with bed bugs dirty linen and no hot water for all the stay.

Our neighbhour where stolen their camera and the owner didn't want to call the police.

Moreover the hotel is very noisy because of the street.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Remi92200

absolutely false, we always try to help our customers if they have a problem, they demanded us to solve the problem of the camera and we have recommended him to go straight to a police station ,by phone the police can not do anything in this case, if you found a bugs the reasons are 2, or have them brought to you with your luggage or have entered the window, but they are certainly not the hotel, the rooms and the beds are cleaned every day, but there are customers who leave negative comments out of spite, thanks.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I booked a stay at the Ginevra hotel since it had a very impressive web site (in English..) where you could choose the room type. However, once I reached the resort, I was offered a totally different room than the one I booked. The person at the desk could not speak English, so it was difficult to communicate the problem to him. Eventually he reached the manager and after negotiating an extra price I got the room I wanted (which all in all made the price not competitive as it was in the first place). The manager claimed there was a misunderstanding on the web site. Assuming that was indeed the case, I'll simply recommend making sure there are no misunderstandings regarding the room types, since the rooms have different descriptions in the website comparing to the actual place. Other than that, there is fast free wifi, clean rooms, the area might not be the best - but *if* you do get the rooms in the website price (again, make sure you don't fall for that misunderstanding like I did) - it is worth it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple