“A nice stay”

Ranked #35 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Poznan, Poland
“A nice stay”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

A pleasant hotel in the heart of an ancient part of the city. The staff was extremely nice and helpful – they helped me in my trip planning, offered their assistance in case of any problem out of the hotel and even made sure that a taxi driver wouldn’t charge too much when I was leaving the hotel. The hotel is located near the Beverello Port (just few minutes of walking) from which tourist ferries depart to the local islands (Capri, Ischia, Procida). The neighborhood is a bit noisy but thanks to the soundproof windows you won’t be bother by the noises , besides this is a part of the real atmosphere and character of Napoli so it wasn’t a problem for me whatsoever. I wish I always stayed in such hotels in my travels.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Kolejorz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Canberra
Reviewed May 5, 2011

The hotel met our needs, for one night. We chose it for location - easy walking to the archaeological museum, duomo, centre of town. We came by car and parking was safe, fairly priced (20 euros) five minutes away. The room was adequate - two and a half stars. Breakfast on the roof garden was brilliant.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank molonglo
Singapore
Reviewed January 29, 2011

The only bright part of the stay was the super kind service from the heart by the manager Mr. Pepe. He went out of his way to walk with me to the remote car park and drive the car in the maze of extremely narrow alleys. Thank you Pepe!

The next day when we went to Sorento, and stayed in Grand Hotel Aminta where we paid less and got much more. In comparison, Hotel Toledo is not a great value for money.

1. The photos look great on the website. The reality you can see on the photos and judge by yourself. I highly recommend to the owners to consider investing to complete the renovations and change the doors. The green plastic door is also too thin and we were woken up by the breakfast crowd noise.
2. If you are driving, please note that Hotel Toledo does not have parking, We felt like in a movie when I navigated nervously in the dark to find the hotel. It was a great way to learn about how kind and nice the local people are. They went out of their way to help us to find the way and avoid hitting anything. The problem became an unforgettable experience to appreciate the wonderful hospitable nature of the people of Naples.
3. I am used to normal towels that absorb water, not kitchen towels for the shower. Perhaps it is the custom in Napoli?
4. The internet did not work for me, however, Pepe was so nice, he really tried to help me with his computer in the nice cafe/bar level.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank avilir
Montreal
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Maybe it's because I didn't really like anything about the city of Naples, but I didn't really like Hotel Toledo. First of all, we walked from the train station and we had a hard time finding the hotel. Second, the room wasn't very clean. Especially the shower!! But it was a short walk to molo beverello, which was a big plus for us and the breakfast was just ok. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
geneva
Reviewed October 28, 2007

Hotel Toledo, close to Via Toledo a shopping area, is a nice, small 3-star hotel situated in the historical/monumental part of Naples. Starting your day with breakfast on the roof terrace is quite relaxing and all places of interest can easily be reached by foot (lungo mare 10min museo de arqueologia 10min) or by bus (ex. museo capodimonte). Receptionists are efficient and helpful. we are just back from our 3-days visit to Naples from Oct22nd to Oct25th and keep a nice souvenir of the hotel.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 15, 2006

Small, clean, renovated hotel in historical center of naples. The breakfast is a buffet and the internet access is good. They have a free terminal in the lounge and free wireless access. Overall I thought it was a great place to stay if your looking for something reasonable (I paid 80 euro/night for a single). It's in the historical center of the city, which is great if you want to walk around, but it is a fairly busy area in the evening.

Stayed October 2006
3 Thank dugan131
Anaheim
Reviewed August 18, 2005

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights this summer (Juily, 2005). We were at the start of a 5-week trip, so we were on a limited per-night budget. We found a clean hotel, a very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable beds (the mattress appeared to be fairly new) and it was a quiet place for ample rest.
It is located in the Spanish Quarter and this area had problems with crime in the past. We did not feel that to be the case while we were there and experienced no problems. We were not approached at all, despite warnings in guidebooks about gangs of teenagers lurking around. We ddi not see any of that. With that said, I will add that I look and dress like a European while traveling abroad. We are not flashy people. We came and went from the hotel to retaurants and shops after dark and did not feel any sense of danger, but admit the the side street, including the hotel's address is poorly lit after dark. If you feel that you cannot adapt, I would suggest staying in a different neighborhood for peace of mind. Also, I would not have stayed here if I were an unaccompanied woman. As it was I had my husband with me at all times.
The hotel featured a decent breakfast with ample amounts of fruit, yogurt, ham, cheeses and breads along with beverages (served buffet style). I personally would stay here again.
I should also add that there is free internet access, but only one computer in the hotel. This hotel is small, so this was never a problem and we were able to log on each evening.

• Stayed July 2005