See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 18, 2017

This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in my life. I was visiting Naples for business, and this hotel was few hundred meters from the American Consulate I needed to visit. Since I was a woman traveling by myself in a city that gets a bad rep, I choose wisely. The customer service was perfect, I was greeted promptly, given the key to my room. The owner showed up, helped me with my suitcase, showed me the room. The hotel decor is incredible, looks like the interior of a boat, very original and beautiful. The room was spotlessly clean! The location is unbeatable since the hotel is in Mergellina, very close to all the tourist attractions and easy access to the boats heading to the islands, and is located in a very safe area which was my priority. The front desk gentleman recommended some place I could eat close to the hotel, and the food was excellent. I could not have been treated better, I had a splendid experience, and will always cherish this hotel stay and the super friendly caring staff!

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room in the yard
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2017

At The Ausonia Hotel, had been there for a night , as it was close to place where I wanted to go the next day. The room was very clean and reasonably quiet -- given the hotel's location which is in between two fairly busy streets..
The best part was the owner & staff. Really good service.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2014 via mobile

It's all been said before, but there's another way of looking at the nautical theme, which starts out quirky, soon becomes comical and ends up annoying. It's supposed to be a hotel, not a ship's cabin, and a bed with sharp brass- bound corners is just plain stupid.

These are clean bedrooms with simple breakfast served in the room. It is not a hotel as I would define it. No other facilities, no wifi.

The two staff are really nice and save the place from a 'poor' rating simply on the basis of the ridiculous furnishing.

Cost reasonable, location good - easy access to metro and ferries. Taxis outside.

Stayed: September 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel is one we have known for many years and it has the unusual feature of a mass of decorative details all related to sea-faring life - an eccentricity that is very endearing and indicates a degree of care and interest that goes beyond the need to appear appealing. This hotel aims to give an atmosphere that it wants you to share. This quirky detail makes the Ausonia more than just an ordinary hotel - despite the fact that it is breakfast-only. The other aspect of the hotel is that it is very well located for some (but not all) of the boat trips available in the region - the Mergellina port being slap opposite. There's a pretty hot cocktail bar next door and a mass of other excellent-value bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity - absurdly you can get a fabulous dinner after midnight or even one a.m. in the Mergellina square near the traffic-tunnel near the hotel. This particular part of the world - mercifully - has not lost its innate sense of nativeness - it feels so Italian it could not be anywhere else on the planet. And thank God for that. The international uniformity and quasi-American influence has not gained a foothold here and as far as I'm concerned, that's utterly brilliant.

Room Tip: We have never had a room we didn't like. Most rooms are nice but it is a city hotel and on a main road so you have to accept some (but not a lot of ) noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Italybird
Reviewed January 26, 2010

The nautical-theme decor looks a lot better (and more thoughtful) in person than on the website.

While the courtyard, elevator and lobby are nothing special, the room was very clean and reasonably quiet -- given the hotel's location sandwiched between two fairly busy streets -- thanks to glazed windows.

The best part was the owner & staff. Owner Claudio took us in, invited us to head over to the same restaurant as him and his wife...When they learned we had to get up about an hour earlier than breakfast was normally served, we found the morning clerk up and happy to give us breakfast anyway...

The last night, Claudio recommended we go to a nearby restaurant -- trattoria 69 -- after we said he sent us we were treated like royalty and had an amazing meal.

Maybe they do it for every guest, but they even gave us cute parting gifts, all in all we were very well taken care of.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business