“Excellent rooms for a cheapest price in very convenient location.”
Review of Viola Hotel

Viola Hotel
Viola Hotel
Ranked #156 of 185 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed for the 1st time in May 2013 five nights and like my first time, I have found the hotel to be clean and with a nice atmosphere. All the staff are nice, friendly and kind but specially Mr.Paspvale is a great person to whom I have met for the first time in hotel Viola. The rooms are clean and comfortable with wifi. I found there to be little in the way of noise and slept very well on all fifth nights. A lot of people comment about the area but I never once felt unsafe, even at night, walking around the city. Yes there are a lot of homeless people but that’s not an issue with hotel. The hotel is really conveniently located for exploring the city and other historical places.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 15, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We stayed at the Hotel Viola (formerly Pensione Viola) two years in a row. To be honest, we only chose it because it was the cheapest and also conveniently located. My boyfriend and I used to live in Rome and were used to a pretty chaotic city but of course nothing prepares you for what Naples is. The hotel was quite filthy, with dirty sheets and I also have a feeling that it was used by the local nigerian prostitutes. But apart from the dirt, the noise all night and the view over a building with broken windows, it is quite an experience and certainly gives you a good taste of the "Naples underground". There are so delicious pizzerie and bars nearby and all in all, you pay for what you get.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laurence_baillie
Reviewed April 6, 2007

We booked a B&B on he internet in Naples, but when we walked to it, we decided we wouldn't want to stay on that street.
We headed for a more central area.

We just walked in of the street and got a room for 2 nights.
Very nice owner, and had just greeted a guest who had returned every year for a long time. Very happy atmosphere.
The let us use the PC for checking email an stuff.
Breakfast was coffee and toasted bread things with cream, probably Italian style. Room had air con, and was OK.
Many foreigners living in Naples, and it is not the prettiest town, but an excellent cheap base for visiting Sorrento or Capri.
The ferries down the Amalfi coast are great.
We were very happy.

I will return again, if I get the chance.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nobbyken
Reviewed October 12, 2006

This was one of the most disgusting places I have ever been. It llooks okay in the picture but its enough to give you nightmares. I got there in the morning at around 7 am and went in and paid for the hotel and left at 8 am. I felt my life was in danger there and am so glad I didnt stay.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Alpharetta, GA
Reviewed November 17, 2004

In October 2004 we stayed 2 days at Hotel Viola. We could not sleep the first night because it was loud as hell. We were really afraid. The area is not a nice one.
The second night was fairly quiet. However, the next day the car was gone. It was parked right in front of the hotel. The day before we asked the guy at the reception if it was OK to park the car in front of the hotel and he said yes. The day the car was stolen another receptionist told us that we should have parked in the garage.
Nobody told us that they had a garage. They knew that we were driving a new car.
I would not recommend to stay at this hotel

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member