Me and a friend arrived at the hotel by chance and after wondering round for over and hour in heavy rain looking for a hotel. We enetered and were offered a double room for €50 and decided to go for it. We were escorted to our room by a gentleman walking upstairs and through a bar area with two men on a white leather sofa and two attractive women sat at the bar. With football on the tele we thought we had stumbled on a gem. We were shown our room where we had a quick shower and headed out for dinner. Due to the bad weather we cam back to the hotel soon after only to find a new person at reception who had no idea about us when i asked for our key. After some telephone converstaions in Italian and scrolling through the computer we were told our key was on the bar upstairs. We went up and were again escorted to out room and had the door pulled shut on us. My friend opened the door and said that we were going out to the bar. He said that he would bring us a beer but we insisted we go to the bar. We locked our room with our key and the attached tassle and went to the bar. We asked for two bottles of beer and he looked blankly as we asked for a price. He plucked 6 euro out the air and we gave him 10. He said he had no money behind the bar. As I sat down a few girls started coming out the rooms with food trays. As I looked round and had a think a few points began to click.
1) The shock when we first entered the hotel
2) The strange men sat on the sofa with two atractive girls milling round them
3) The fact our key was kept away from anyone else and had a tassle on it
4) The speed he got us to our room and didnt want us out of it
5) The fact all drinks were clearly complimentry
6) The pyramid of sweets on the table in the bar
7) The food trays the girls all had in their rooms
At that moment me and my friend looked at each other and whispered "we are in a brothel". We downed our beers got another and headed for out room at speed. The rest of the night was spend listening to footsteps, doors opening and shutting every 40 mins and sounds which indicated people enjoying themselves, ALOT!!!
It was a wild experiance and one that made our holiday, long story short, not for familys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Siri, completely renovated, offers you an oasis of peace in the heart of the lively Piazza Garibaldi in Naples, with comfortable rooms and free Wi-Fi. The hotel Siri boats of a wide range of accommodations, ideal for those who travel alone, with friends or with family. All rooms are decorated to reveal the quality of Art Nouveau and provide a broad range of amenities. You can start your day relaxing in the breakfast room or space out your sightseeing in the city with a drink in the comfortable TV room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Siri reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.