“Bad hotel in bad area”

Ranked #94 of 186 Hotels in Naples
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Bad hotel in bad area”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Bad hotel in a bad area, think again and take something elsewere in Napoli! Homeless people living outside and prostitutes walk the streets. The hotel work toghether with and let prostitutes walk in with there costumers. One afternoon we saw a man and a women come in, they sat in the lobby five min before going in to a room. They came out again after 30 min and went separate ways. Then a man in a suit came up from the reception, took out the dirty sheets from the room and went to get new ones. On top of all this the staff is really rude and impolite and you cant sleep because of all the noice from the lobby late at night and again early in the morning! The worse hotel i have seen in Italy! And my experience is not unique, check other reviews if you still have doubts!

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank E K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Olesna, Vysocina, Czech Republic
Reviewed July 15, 2013

The only positive things are that the hotel is 10 minutes walk from the main train station and there is air-conditioning and a fridge in the room.
But the hotel is between the streets full of the garbage. The hotel is in the first floor without elevator, but the staff helped us with the luggage.
The staff was kind except of one day when we turned from the trip and they told us that they had moved all our things from one room to another! I was totally shocked. They put all our things which we had in the bathroom or the clothes on a chair and in a closet, to the bag and put it in another room! And they did not explain anything!

The first room was very small and the shower cracked and outdated. We had something behind the window, probably the air-conditioning unit that whole night unbearably grumbled.

The second room was bigger and without this noice. But the wi-fi connection was only in the first room or at the reception. They did not replenish the accessories in the bathroom.

The breakfast consist only of the croissants (only empty), cereals, bread, salami, cheese or yoghurt. There was not any butter!

I will not choose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jana K

Travelers are raving about these Naples hotels

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The staff of the Siri were very helpful. Two of the three spoke very good English. I was having some difficulties and the young Italian man and the native British man were very helpful, more so than I expected. The room was clean and I received fresh sheets and towels each day, which is not the norm in Italy, expect towels every other day and fresh sheets only when you arrive. Quiet as an Italian building can be. In Italy all floors are tile and all walls are made from ceramic blocks so, it will always be a bit noisier than in the States. In comparison to Italian hotels, the Siri was good in the quiet category. The staff was so helpful that I do not want to say bad things about the Siri but I must bring up this next subject in order to give an honest and complete review. I surmised that the hotel does get a bit of business from prostitutes that work the entrance to the street market that is 2 blocks away. Maybe they only accept this business in the off season?, November for my stay. The clerk assumed that because I do not speak Italian well that I could not understand him. When I arrived, there was a prostitute at the check in desk getting change for a 50 Euro bill and she gave me that alluring eye. The clerk saw it also and he gave her a very stern warning about soliciting "regular" guests. She argued that she brings allot of business to the hotel. He finished the argument with, "You know the rules". Being a block away from Garibaldi Square, I did not hear any of the trains or buses and there was not hardly any traffic on the streets bordering the Siri. Being a short walk from the train station of Garibaldi Square is a big plus and the price of 45 Euro was way less than the other hotels that I called. Actually I just remembered on the phone I was told 50 Euro, so 45 was an even better deal. From the Airport, take the Ali Bus for 3 Euro to Garibaldi Square.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Greg B
England
Reviewed April 9, 2010

Me and a friend arrived at the hotel by chance and after wondering round for over and hour in heavy rain looking for a hotel. We enetered and were offered a double room for €50 and decided to go for it. We were escorted to our room by a gentleman walking upstairs and through a bar area with two men on a white leather sofa and two attractive women sat at the bar. With football on the tele we thought we had stumbled on a gem. We were shown our room where we had a quick shower and headed out for dinner. Due to the bad weather we cam back to the hotel soon after only to find a new person at reception who had no idea about us when i asked for our key. After some telephone converstaions in Italian and scrolling through the computer we were told our key was on the bar upstairs. We went up and were again escorted to out room and had the door pulled shut on us. My friend opened the door and said that we were going out to the bar. He said that he would bring us a beer but we insisted we go to the bar. We locked our room with our key and the attached tassle and went to the bar. We asked for two bottles of beer and he looked blankly as we asked for a price. He plucked 6 euro out the air and we gave him 10. He said he had no money behind the bar. As I sat down a few girls started coming out the rooms with food trays. As I looked round and had a think a few points began to click.
1) The shock when we first entered the hotel
2) The strange men sat on the sofa with two atractive girls milling round them
3) The fact our key was kept away from anyone else and had a tassle on it
4) The speed he got us to our room and didnt want us out of it
5) The fact all drinks were clearly complimentry
6) The pyramid of sweets on the table in the bar
7) The food trays the girls all had in their rooms
At that moment me and my friend looked at each other and whispered "we are in a brothel". We downed our beers got another and headed for out room at speed. The rest of the night was spend listening to footsteps, doors opening and shutting every 40 mins and sounds which indicated people enjoying themselves, ALOT!!!

It was a wild experiance and one that made our holiday, long story short, not for familys.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends