Hotel Del Real Orto Botanico
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$220
Travelocity
$1,080
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstypical italian hotelgreat hoteldecent showerasked for a quiet roomthe national archaeological museumminute walkneapolitan liferooftop terracetrain stationstayed at this hotel for nightsbusy streetcleaned every dayrooms were very cleanchoose this hotelwould highly recommend this hotelgood sizepizza
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 18, 2008

We stayed at Real Orto Botanico on 4/24. It is more a businessman’s hotel than tourist, but it met all of our requirements. We changed to this hotel from Piazza Bellini as we didn’t want to deal with the parking/luggage/no bellman issues. Parking nearby (but not on same side of street of hotel) and there’s a small circular drive to turn into to drop off luggage.

Restaurant next door is wonderful. Highly recommend it. Probably best meal I had entire trip.

It is about a 15 minute walk to the Archeological Museum.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2007

I should have done this as soon as we got back. My first trip to Naples - we've been to Rome, Venice, Florence, Verona, Lake Garda before- but I came back from a week in Naples desperate to learn Italian to make future trips even better.
The hotel is cool. It's about 20 minutes walk from the centre but what a wonderful way to actually see the city. We got lost many times - happily lost - but you can always get a cab if you need to.

The hotel was great - friendly staff - lovely rooms - interesting views (by which I mean gazing out of the window watching Naples go about its day to day life - pure theatre)

I know this has been said before in the reviews but the restaurant about 100 yards up the road is amazing!
We arrived at about 7pm to a completely empty restaurant - and about 20 minutes later the whole of Italy was waiting down the street for a table. I can honestly say it is the best meal out I have ever had - the food was good but the atmosphere was unbelievable. We stayed a week at this hotel and it wasn't long enough

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2007

After reading other reviews on this hotel I was expecting to be really sorry we had booked this hotel but ended up being very pleasantly surprised. All the staff were very friendly (except one). Breakfast was ok, fresh and plenty of it. The room was spacious and clean. Even though we were on the front of the hotel and on the very noisy main road (lots of traffic and tooting horns) the soundproofing was pretty effective. All in all a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2007
Reviewed November 14, 2006

Booked through Venere for a trip to Palermo which worked out well and relied on them again for a 3 star hotel. Good location at the northern part of the historical centre and also good value (shared 4 bed room).

A big plus is the pizzeria recommendation from reception. Normally I'd take this with a pinch of salt, but the Figlia Marenaro just along on Via Foria did a wonderful seafood pizza. Full of locals enjoying top quality food!

Fine breakfast too- loved the Italian pastries

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 20, 2006

Let's start with the staff, rude, unhelpful, (and I speak Italian) with a huge attitude problem-god help you if you actually had a problem!-But I did not appreciate their rudeness AT ALL. My room was too small-I requested another, larger room, but was immediately and abruptly told no, (again, in Italian) Then, I was of course lied to, as they said the hotel was full-(but it quite obviously was not-for the entire time I was staying there). This was only one example of their rudeness and/or indifference to their guests-the day staff particularly, appeared to care LESS whether you were there or not-which is an immediate warning to me that one should stay elsewhere-the streets of Napoli are mean enough, without having to deal with attitudinal, unwelcoming hotel staff as well!

It was boiling hot in Naples in September-but there is NO air conditioning in the public spaces there whatsoever-you have to go in your room and turn on the air conditioning full blast.

On the website, there is a lovely picture of an outdoor terrace, where you are given to believe that breakfast would be served tnot so-the "terrace" is not in use at all, it isn't that nice to begin with, tso be forewarned on the deceptive photos-it does NOT look like the depictions. And when you consider that the location of this hotel is, well, the inner city of Naples-that should tell you what you need to know-horrendously noisy-motorinos of all sorts-filthy dirty area-that's Naples.

The room itself, the furnishings and the decor were okay, but the single was scarcely bigger than a closet-I've had bathrooms in Italy bigger than that room-the fridge was filled with overpriced drinks and snacks-hardly any room to put anything in there that you bought.

The Archeological Museum IS up the street-a good 15-20 minute's walk, dodging every which thing on the way (because the motorinos nip at your heels, like dogs, even on the so-called sidewalks-where there are sidewalks that is).

In short, I cut loose from Naples and headed over to Sorrento-instead of 4 days I stayed 3, which was all I could stand. The breakfast was okay, they had baked apples, which was nice, but the only good thing I can say about the hotel is that the seafood restaurant next door to the hotel is one of the best I've eaten at anywhere in the world-their fresh mussels, in their own special broth-are to die for-this is not a fancy restaurant, by any means, but there is a reason that the Neapolitani wait in crowds to get into this outdoors-only restaurant-the seafood is simply terrific-all of it, and their house-made desserts are as well. It is a great slice of local Neapolitan life, however, I wouldn't stay at THIS hotel just to eat at that restaurant-(I would take a taxi to go to it though). The name of the restaurant is "A Figlia do Marinaro-Ristorante/Pizzaria la Regina della zuppa di Cozze" (Queen of the mussels in broth-it is that, and more).

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank GirlTravel1