We stayed at Mercure Napoli Angioino Centro during a 10 day trip to Naples. The cab ride from the airport took about 20 minutes, very easy ride in. We reserved a regular double room. The room was very clean and modern, although small. The two twin beds were right next to each other. The nice perk was that on our 6th floor room, we had a beautiful ocean view. The bathroom is very comfortable with the raised shower a true traveler's delight. The TV had a lot of channels in other languages (4 English Channels, and also Japanese, French, and German.)
The staff was very kind. My sister got sick on our trip and stayed alone in the hotel room. The staff called her twice during the day just to make sure she was okay and to see if there was anything she needed. The staff was good with directions and restaurant recommendations.
The Mercure Napoli Angioino Centro is located just steps away from the New Castle. It is a magestic old castle that makes for a great landmark. If I ever got lost (which is so easy and fun to do in the narrow streets of Napoli) I'd just look for the castle and find my way home. It is also just a block away from the port. Our stay in Naples took us to Capri and Ischia and it was a 2 minute walk to the ferries. There is an R2 bus that stops right in front of the hotel that goes direclty to the train station. This made the day trip to Pompeii very easy. The hotel staff will also book tours for you, though we found them to be quite expensive.
About 3 doors down from the hotel is a great restaurant called Antonio's reasonably priced with a warm atmosphere. There is also a grocery store just a block away (we like to buy some food to take back to the hotel to cut down on food costs. In the alley behind the hotel there is a fantastic pizza restaurant and two small convenience stores.
One small problem we had (and maybe it is more of a problem for our travel agent) is that at check out we found out we were responsible for city taxes that our travel agent didn't take care of. The pictures advertised by our travel agent also showed a rooftop terrace with perfect views of New Castle. However, we couldn't find the rooftop, not sure if it is closed permanently or for winter. Around New Castle there is construction to make it a metro station. That will truly up the convenience, although there is ametro stop about a 10 min. walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel, offering 85 airconditioned rooms, is located in the heart of Naples near the historical city centre and the Royal Palace, 5 minutes walk from ferries to Capri, Ischia, Sorrento and Sicily. 150 m from the Expo Napoli Convention Centre locatedinside the Stazione Marittima. Other features include a bar and a meeting room and public outdoor pay parking open from 6am to midnight (alternatives available on request). Guests must leave the car keys at the parking station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Napoli Angioino Centro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Napoli Angioino Centro Hotel Naples
- Mercure Hotel Naples
- Accor Napoli Angioino Centro