The Mercure hotel is situated near the castle and the harbour in what is called the 'centre' of Naples. The hotel reaches its reliable international standard with clean rooms, modern bathrooms, good receptionists and a tasty and varied breakfast. What disappointed me, however, was the very slow internet connection and the habit of someone outside of moving rubbish bins at about 6am with the result that it was almost impossible to get one's full quota of sleep.
Naples itself suffered from an extended dispute about rubbish collection and, though this has now been resolved, many Europeans would be surprised at the amount of rubbish that still litters the streets or the main roads. The minor roads are uneven and bumpy and the traffic, with lots of motor scooters, shows signs of suicidal recklessness: this is not a place for hiring a car.
The food is generally acceptable and we understand that Naples is the city where the pizza was invented so you should try at least one of these before you leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel, offering 85 airconditioned rooms, is located in the heart of Naples near the historical city centre and the Royal Palace, 5 minutes walk from ferries to Capri, Ischia, Sorrento and Sicily. 150 m from the Expo Napoli Convention Centre locatedinside the Stazione Marittima. Other features include a bar and a meeting room and public outdoor pay parking open from 6am to midnight (alternatives available on request). Guests must leave the car keys at the parking station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and ACCOR so you can book your Mercure Napoli Angioino Centro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Napoli Angioino Centro Hotel Naples
- Mercure Hotel Naples
- Accor Napoli Angioino Centro