“Good hotel”

Starhotels Terminus
Ranked #44 of 185 Hotels in Naples
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The hotel is near the station so very convenient when you come from Rome by train and for excursion to Pompeii and Ercolano. You have sights that are at a walking distance from the hotel if not there is a bus stop for the bus to the old town and other sights (Opera San Carlo, Castle, etc...) It has a good quality-price relationship. The rooms are renovated. Breakfast and wifi is included.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite. It is at a reasonable price. And it gives space if you travel with a child.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 24, 2013

First off this city is a dump. I've never seen so much garbage and drunks. There were piles of beer bottles everywhere. It felt shady and unsafe. The hotel is right across the street from the train station which is a plus, because I didn't feel safe walking any further than I had to. The hotel looks very nice when you walk in, but it smells like mold and old cigarettes. There is a lot of construction going on right in front of the hotel, so it's pretty noisy. The breakfast was decent and the rooms were pretty clean. The "free wi-fi" service is unbelievable. There is a fee of 4 euros a day if you want wi-fi in your room. The best part is it's free in the lobby, but only by going to the front desk to get the password EVERY 30 MINS!. I mean seriously how inconvenient. Do not offer "free wi-fi" if your really making it more of a hassle rather than an amenity. So free wi-fi for only 30 mins at a time. The icing on the cake though was when I asked for an iron. They told me that they do not offer that service. Wow! I didn't know having an iron was a "service". Okay what hotel doesn't have an iron??? I was dying to get out of this city and never return. On the plus side the train station was close and was convenient to travel to pompeii...just a tip you only need to pay to get there, the train is free coming back. I would strongly recommend to find a nice bed and breakfast maybe in Sorrento...stay away from this city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa R
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Don't get me wrong, this was a nice enough hotel, and in its heyday probably deserving of it's 4* rating - but it's very tired and the rooms are really dated (at least they were clean though), and the staff were friendly - ask for their recommendations of where to eat, you'll be glad you did.
The location is very good for true city breakers - right next to the train station from where you can easily travel to Pompei, Herculaneum etc., but it's also currently a building site as they modernise their public transport system and not exactly an evening venue, you'll struggle for local places to eat in the evening.
If you're looking at a longer holiday - don't stay in the city, just visit.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We booked this hotel online with a big discount, so we got what we paid for. So no complaints about value for money. However, there are problems with this hotel if rated 4 stars. It is really a 3 star hotel. But the breakfast was good, and thrown in with the deal.The staff are only sometimes helpful, and sometimes churlish. For example, I asked about any materials to explain the hotel's services and amenities, and was told sternly they did not have this. Then I asked about a business centre or health club, and the sternness continued, with a strong "no". Then I found that there was a fitness club, but had to find this on my own.
The place feels like it is about to decay, there were paint chips on the floor in the hallway, the shower fixture was operational but damaged.

I should say, however, that this may be simply Naples. I found similar things throughout the city when travelling.
So, overall? It is a good quality 3 star hotel. And suitable for getting you on your way to other places.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed at the StarHotel Terminus in Naples for one night in May.

Very unwelcoming check in. Our room was not ready when we arrived early afternoon and the man on the front desk was extremely rude and explained nothing about the hotel.

We had a late lunch in the hotel restaurant while we waited for our room. Our waiter was very helpful and explained some of the features and services of the hotel.

Restaurant food was of a good standard.

Our room was on the 4th floor and very spacious. It overlooked the main railway terminal building.

It was very noisy (traffic noise) and as a result we didn't get much sleep.

Although this hotel is opposite the railway terminal and close to town I would not recommend it.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We have been using Star hotels throughout our visit to Italy and have been impressed. The offer good value, great locations next to railway stations and pretty good service. They also seem to upgrade regular visitors.

Also, unlike many other hotels in Italy they always provide a kettle and tea and coffee making facilities in the rooms. To me this is an essential and I am always surprised when hotels fail to provide it.

The comments some about the hotel's locations say more about the people wrote them than the reality. My wife and I, both in our late 60s, walked outside a fair bit during our stay in Naples and at no stage did we feel concerned about safety.

The main hazard, if you can call it that, is crossing the road to the station. The secret is to act like a true local and be bold. The traffic stops.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013

When we turned up I was absolutely amazed that they were going to put us in a room which I can only describe as disgracefully you could not see through the windows it was so dirty, I opened the window and looked out at a large pile of rubbish, we did not unpack the walls were even dirty and the decor was all torn! We went to reception and were allocated another room, the facilities were good and the breakfast was good just let down by the room I would not put my dog in

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Romeo Hotel
Pendino
Palazzo Caracciolo Napoli MGallery by Sofitel
Hotel Pupetto
#18 of 38 in Positano

Been to Starhotels Terminus? Share your experiences!