A group of six of us visited Naples, purely as a base for the surrounding area, mainly Pompei & Herculaneum.
We flew into Naples & caught the airport bus to Piazza Garibaldi & only had to walk a few yards to the hotel (A big plus!)
The Railway Station is right next door too, so brilliantly located for trains to the above.
(A little tip, visit the tourest office located at the station & buy a ticket that allows entry to archeological sites that also includes transport. You can save a lot of money & hassle!)
As for the hotel itself, yes the room carpets have been "let go" a bit, could do with a jolly good dust & facelift in general, but overall it was comfortable & did the job)
The staff were very helpful & the breakfasts were good & food plentiful.
Our friends had rooms overlooking the front of the hotel, that was prone to some traffic & construction noise (Major construction works going on) but our side street room didn't suffer from this.
There are a couple of adequate restaurants within walking distance from the hotel, so once again, we saved a lot of time .
It really depends on why you are there & how long you are staying in your hotel?
Yes, it is a bit scruffy looking around the station area but much of Naples is like this anyway.
The bed was comfortable, staff friendly, breakfast good, very convenient location.
This for me, is far more important than having new carpets & the latest T.V in my room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Starhotels Terminus in Naples. We're conveniently located in Piazza Garibaldi, close to the historical centre and just beside the railway station - ideal for travelling around and exploring the city's most important cultural sights.Our romantic hotel is styled with harmonious colours and exudes the warmth and hospitality for which Naples has always been famous. Sit and enjoy drinks in the roof garden and soak up the beautiful views encompassing Vesuvius and the Gulf of Naples. During the spring and summer, you can enjoy the sounds of live piano music too.In all there are 173 traditional rooms and suites, a well-equipped fitness room, new Congress Centre with 10 meeting rooms seating, all bathed in natural light. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starhotels Terminus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Terminus Hotel Naples
- Starhotel Terminus Naples
- Starhotel Terminus Hotel Naples