“Past grandeur..”

327 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 327 helpful votes
“Past grandeur..”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

One comes here for the edifice not the shops.

From the intricate mosaics to the headlight of the dome you will be craning the kneck to enjoy.

It is fortunate for Naples and its visitors that this edifice has been preserved in the way it has. It is a lasting piece of the city's intricate and fascinating history.

Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Mountain View, Arkansas
452 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 529 helpful votes
“Beautiful architecture and mosaics”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We walked from our hotel in the Decumani neighborhood to Galleria Umberto to find some shopping for my wife and daughter. The Galleria is a magnificent piece of architecture. The glass ceiling is amazing. The tile floor has some interesting designs and mosaics. I looked more at the building than I did at the shops. I did a little people watching as well, but it was hard to take my eyes off the ceiling. It is a gorgeous structure that you need to see if you are in the area.

Visited November 2013
The Villages, Florida
470 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 296 helpful votes
“Definitely worth a few minutes to walk through”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We were walking through town on our way to the port. We probably would not have walked through the Galleria if it had not been mentioned in Rick Steves' book. The Galleria is about 100 years old and a tells me what shopping malls could have been like before Americans streamlined them. The frescoes, the open architecture, the painting - it was hard not to run into people because I was looking up all the time. Of course, don't forget to look down too to see the designs on the floor. We just walked around looking and didn't even bother to go in any shops.

Visited September 2013
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Absolutely amazing”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

When I was walking into the gallery, I was so transfixed by the airy ceiling that I bumped into another crowd of people that were staring at the ceiling as well. The structure itself was beautiful. I would definitely recommend going just to gawk at the architecture.

Visited October 2013
Motta Sant'Anastasia, Italy
134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Beautiful ”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by to see and it is amazing. The ceiling is gorgeous and the details in the architecture amazing. Good places to sit and enjoy people watching. The mosaics are cool too.