“Share a Shore Excursion Naples, Italy”

Share a Shore Excursion in Italy
Ranked #51 of 186 Tours in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: Share a Shore Excursion in Italy will provide you with professional service in our private vehicles with professional English speaking drivers in Naples, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast. Our booking process is self explanatory and easy to use; find an excursion that you like, either join an existing group that has been booked, or start your own group. You will be assisted by our professional staff from the moment you contact us until the end of your tour.We look forward to providing you with a first class service, and a fun and memorable tour at affordable prices.
Newnan, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Share a Shore Excursion Naples, Italy”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My family agrees that this was our favorite excursion on our trip. We had three other people from our ship on this tour. Setting up all of the Excursions through this company was a simple process and they were very prompt in answering all my questions and e:mails. Our guide Fulvio was simply the best. He was waiting for us with a sign outside customs at the port and asked what we wanted to do for the day. We visited Positano, Sorrento and Pompeii. Fulvio is extremely knowledgeable about the area and we enjoyed every moment of this tour. If I could give this tour a 10, I would.

Visited June 2014
5 Thank glyn206

Houston, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience on Two Tours with Share a Shore”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We just returned from our Mediterranean cruise on Equinox. I found Share a Shore on the Cruise Critic Board and since we prefer to tour in small groups thought I would check them out online. I researched Share a Shore and saw that they had excellent reviews on other websites. We booked 2 tours using them. I was the tour leader and posted information to fill the tours. It was not difficult and the process was very straight forward using their website. Our tours filled quickly. One was Cinque Terre and the other was Amalfi, Positano and Pompeii. Our drivers were fantastic. They had such wonderful personalities and were very engaging. The vehicles were Mercedes mini vans that were new, clean, comfortable, and had great a/c.
The areas where we were required drivers with really good skills. I can not say enough about how amazing our drivers were maneuvering through single lane, cliff hanging roads safely.
Our driver for Amalfi and Pompeii arranged for us to have an extra stop in Sorrento. As a group we decided to skip a long lunch and have more time touring. We were pleased to have this flexibility. He asked if we had a guide for Pompeii (which we did not) so he called ahead to Pompeii to secure a guide that his company uses for our time spent there. Our Pompeii guide was very well educated and interesting. He was able to make us visualize what it must have been like there when Vesuvius erupted. We were so glad that we were not dropped off at the entrance to have the luck of the draw at Pompeii.
Our tour to Cinque Terre almost did not happen as there was a transportation strike in Italy that day (which included the water ferries) Our driver was on the phone immediately with his connections and found an alternative itinerary that added a stop in Porto Venere. It was a fabulous place that we might have missed seeing. He then found us a ferry to Vernazza and drove around to meet us.
Our excursions with Share a Shore were amazing!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Cruzangirl
Richmond, Virginia
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A Perfect Day!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I signed on for a tour of the Amalfi Coast with Share A Shore Excursion, forming a group from our roll call. I loved the security of folks registering at their site so we wouldn't be surprised by a higher price or cancellations from no-shows. Could not have been a better move. The group had previously agreed that we wanted to see more towns with a shortened lunch and our wonderful driver Mario complied. He was so knowledgeable about the area and answered our questions readily. How nice it was being in our posh van with only 8 tourists. It was the perfect day and I can't praise the company enough for its professionalism and quality.

Orange County, California
137 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“WAY better than a ship excursion”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was our second SASE (Share a Shore Excursion) tour on this cruise, with the same people (see my Florence review but basically partnering with strangers worked great, customer service before we got there was prompt and great).

Promptly meet us at the port and away we went. This van was an 8 person van for the 8 of us so 2 people had to ride in front with the driver. Not too crammed but not overly spacious. Driver started giving a great tour from the start, lots of info. He clearly was very proud to be from Southern Italy. He was very likable but his superlatives did get a bit old; "This is the best X and this is the top Y, and we are in the top 5 for Z", but not unbearable.

Pointed out Mt Vesuvius as we drove. We had signed up for Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. He suggested an alteration to do Sorrento, some of Amalfi but not all the way, basically to Positano, plus Pompeii. We agreed, not knowing much about anything. Can't say how we would have liked more Amalfi to the town of Amalfi but we ended up loving Sorrento and all talked about trying to get back there some day. Beautiful small seaside town. They have huge lemons, we mentioned we liked lemoncello so he took us to a lemoncello factor with free samples (and lemoncello candies). After that we had a little free time in that town (maybe 45 mins) and he took our lemoncello packages back to the van so we didn't have to carry them. Wondered around, then meet at the designated spot to continue on. There was a cruise ship group, and it was nice to eb smaller than they were.

Next was Positano (am I spelling that right?). A cute seaside into the cliff town. To get there you drive along the cliffs above the sea (it's been in a million movies). Spectacular views! All the time he's telling us about the region, the history, the people, sociological things. Maybe an hour view. I have a tendency towards motion sick and was in the back but no issues. Om town we had time to walk down to the beach, shop a little if you wanted and meet back up with him. Didn't see any cruise ship groups here. At this point it was nearing lunch so we headed up, up up the mountain to lunch. We had chosen ahead of time to go with the recommended lunch place, I had researched it on TA (good reviews) but also looked for nearby alternatives and it did not seem there were convenient other options if only half the group wanted to go there. Good decision to go to their place (to be reviewed separately). I would do it again the exact same. It was very slow to get there, narrow roads but worth it for the views!! Probably the only issue was not enough time, we could have continued to drink the delicious wine.

Following lunch (when we really wanted a food/wine nap) we headed back towards Naples to Pompeii, maybe an hour to get back. At Pompeii we meet our guide. She was incredible knowledgeable. We were a little bit late so I think our time was cut a bit short, I would have loved more time here, could have been a whole day probably. We had about an hour and a half (I think it should have been about 2 hours). Pompeii is so well preserved and there are so many little details intact. And the guide's English was great. Tipped her (want to say about 5% of the total trip cost so 5euro a piece, maybe?). Then a short ride back to the ship and we were darn close to on time (maybe 15 mins later than planned but planned was probably an hour and a half before the ship left, we really liked that they didn't cut it close, built in time just in case and therefore we never felt rushed or stressed.

Would love to go back to Pompeii and Sorrento! If you are there on a cruise do consider this tour, with 8 people it was 100 euro each, lunch was maybe 30euro more plus admission to Pompeii.

2 Thank bubbles911
Great Abaco Island
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“10 Stars, great value, favorite day of my entire vacation!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Our driver was phenomenal. He basically spent the whole day with us insuring that we did what WE wanted to do, not what he or the excursion had preplanned. He was always with us offering to take amazing photos. He was very personable engaging each and everyone in our group. The drive on the Almafi Coast could be a bit scary in one of those huge cruise line buses but with our group, a small van with 8 people and an extremely cautious driver you could really sit back and enjoy the views since you felt really safe. Lunch was beyond awesome, family style with an panoramic scenic view, I could have stayed there all day, but Pompeii was on our schedule. Thank you so much for setting up a guided tour at Pompeii. Our guide was so knowledgeable and was able to get us to the right places without all the crowds. And our driver gets recognition for taking us there after lunch when the crowds were lighter. Over all, during our 7 day cruise it was by far my favorite day, so much so, I intend to go back to the area and spend a couple weeks. Beyond the great experience's I had with Share A Shore excursion in both Florence and Naples, the value for the money is unbelievable. It was only 85 Euro per person versus the $200 plus per person with the cruise line and being a small group we were able to do more and see more. On a of 5 stars rating, I will give you 10 stars!

1 Thank SaylorMalone