“A diamond among a jewel of a city”
Review of Trattoria bausan - CLOSED

Trattoria bausan
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I have spent the past week touring Italy from Naples up to Milan and the first and most memorable meal was here. The waiting and kitchen staff (how often can you chat to the chef!) were attentive, polite and could not be faulted...as for the food, feel like i have been treated to authentic Neopolitan food. Great value, great flavours and an amazing balsamic dressing that still lingers in the mnd!

Reviewed September 7, 2011

I have lived in Italy for 10 years and I had, unbelievably, never even heard of this restaurant. However, yesterday was my birthday and my fiance and I wanted somewhere really special to celebrate, so I turned to trip advisor! This family run trattoria surprised me in wonderful ways. From the minute we stepped in they made us feel special --and we didn't even tell them it was my birthday, it was all genuine. From a glass of champagne at start the meal to a special made dessert by the chef, they won us both over in no time. The cook came out personally to ask what we liked and what we wanted to see in our meals and he created fresh and delicious tasting dishes for us.. some of which were typical "neapolitan" and some which I had never tasted before! At first I thought it might be because we were foreigners, but as tables filled with Italian families I saw the wait staff and the cook giving them all the same "special treatment" and then I realized, it's not "special treatment" it's just the way they are. Before we had finished our extensive appetizers my fiance and I knew we had found a new favorite restaurant, one we will be sure to return to again and again.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

Excellent food, service, and value for your money!!! I would highly recommend this place to anyone for the following reasons: 1) The food was excellent. 2) the service was excellent and the waiters were attentive 3) the excellent value and prices. I would definitely come back again!!

Reviewed August 8, 2011

When we were seated we were asked if we would to try a range of food from the Campania region and not spend much money.

How could we refuse? We were completely in the chef's hands and the results were fantastic. Courses of seafood, pasta and pork.

We had no room for desert after all the earlier courses, but finished with a limoncello made by monks.

The bill came to less than €30 per head, including wine. Tasy, cheap and regionally representative food - go there!

Reviewed May 22, 2011

I had the experience of a life time at this restaurant! First it seemed closed and no one inside....but we decided to try and I am so glad we did! The restaurant's staff was so kind and welcoming, making us feel really special! We started by trying to understand the owner who came to our table without a menu and speaking Italian....we could understand one word or two, so we decided to let him just take care of us and bring his specialties! OMG we didn't know what we were about to experience! He brought us wine, appetizers and the best clams and mussels I ever had! My husband is not a seafood guy so he got the beef option. It is really important to understand that in a real Italian restaurant there is only 2 options: meat or fish.....if you know exactly what you want go for it, but if are like me who is open for suggesting, just let them TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU :) This place was the best experience I had during my trip in Italy I will definitely go back!

2  Thank Nati26_11