“excellent family run restaurant with friendly staff & great food”

Al Cucciolo Bohemien
Ranked #141 of 2,899 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Ferdinando
Kirkcaldy, Scotland, United Kingdom
“excellent family run restaurant with friendly staff & great food”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Found this nice little family run restaurant in an alley way off of Via Toledo in the middle of the day.
We took the special (which was reasonably priced, although it is always best to check before ordering - we have been caught out before) as recommended by a friendly waiter and choose another from the menu - we like to share - and both were fantastic and good sized portions.
The staff were fun, and in a friendly fashion, refused to give us milk with our espresso. I'm sure they would have provided it it we had insisted, but it was just gentle ribbing and they were right for us not to spoil our rich and very strong coffee by watering it down.
It was a charming place, happy & friendly staff and would recommend it.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Sean W

Coatbridge, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Customer service and food was first class. It's a must for anyone visiting Naples/Napoli”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

I was walking down a little vibrant side street when i came across Al Cucciolo Bohemien. I walked in and they were about to close. But this family run restaurant remained open just for me. To me that is such an amazing thing to do, especially for a solo traveller in a foreign country. The staff were excellent and all spoke English well ( which is great as you'll find in Italy not a lot speak English) The waiters and the owner took time out to speak to me and tell me all about the memorabilia on the restaurants wall, Napoli football club a religion in Napoli. The food was superb and the wine selection first class. Before i left i made sure i had a photo taken with all of them. If i ever return to Napoli it will be the first place i visit. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. It's like a piece of history and the true Italy. It still gives me great memories. Thank you Al Cucciolo Bohemien

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank Gary C
Mossy Head, Florida, United States
“Great service and food! I'd go all the time if I could.”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

They recommended all of our food. It was the best meal while we were in Naples. The staff was great and the atmosphere was very nice. If you're in Naples you should stop in for some food.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank Jeremy H
“Highly recommended!”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

The waiter was helpful and quick to recommend dishes in both Italian and English. Very good value for money and tourist friendly (sometimes difficult to find in Napoli)

2 Thank Lisa R
London, England, United Kingdom
“Superb experience”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I went to have a dinner in this outstanding restaurant with my fiancée, my brother and his espouse. I simply had one of my best dinners ever.
The food was really excellent. I ordered in advance "risotto alla pescatora" and "linguine al cartoccio" as first courses and chateaubriand steak as second course (served with typical Neapolitan sidedishes, friarielli, parmigiana di melenzane e crocche’). No need to book any food in advance as you can usually find a good variety of food but I was keen to try again those specialities, real gems from Enzo the historical chef/owner of Cucciolo.
The service was impeccable: professional, competent and friendly, expressing the real values of the real Neapolitan culture.
The wine list is good, offering some of the best wines from the region, ideal match with the typical Neapolitan cuisine.
Can't wait to go to Cucciolo again next time I visit Naples.

• Visited October 2011