“Something different and tasty”
Review of De' figliole

De' figliole
Ranked #56 of 3,573 Restaurants in Naples
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

My partner and I have been travelling around italy for several days and tried pizza and pasta everywhere so am a little sick of pizza. But being in Naples on the last day, we have to try their famous pizzas there. We googled and found this local favourites near our hotel which is this small joint famous of fried pizza. They claim to be the original shop who created this treat and is passed down from grandparents time in the post war period.

My partner ordered Completo (first item on menu without reading) and i had the Siciliano and i loved mine hahaha because i love provolo cheese and it was more juicy inside. I think the lasagna would taste good too. The fried pizza was massive but once you cut into it, it sinks and it is quite filling. Surprisingly we both don’t feel it was too greasy although the pizza was deep fried. we both killed the whole thing and shared a large beer for €14. Great place for lunch so you can walk it off after.

Recommend to visit around noon or earlier before it gets really busy with the locals. There is always a queue and remember to write your name on the piece of paper to queue for a table. If you don’t wanna wait, takeaway is available for only €4.

We saw similar fried pizzas around Naples and we believe it doesn’t look as good, because others seem very greasy or thick dough or soggy because some shops sell them as street food and is popular with kids and young adults.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed March 1, 2019

Cute little family places with opportunities to sit down or take away. There is a compact choice of fried pizzas, including one or two vegetarian pizzas. I opted for the Siziliana which had eggplant, tomatoes and cheese. The taste is awesome and I can really recommend this place.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

Pizza frita was very nice. I ate the "Chichinese", with vegetables, anchovies and meat. But the rest also sound tasty. The pizza frita was not oily. It was crunchy and nice.
The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Prices are very reasonable.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018

Basically it's a very limited cafe with a choice of over 6 Fried Pizzas. The service was poor and personally you are better of just finding a normal pizza which will cost you less money.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

This is very local place so service doesn't speak almost no English still they were nice and helpful. They have menu in English which helped a lot.

Portion is very big. As for taste well I prefer normall pizza but it was good. It was worth trying but it wasn't so good I would come there again. It wasn't greasy and was crispy but in overall it was just ok. We tried classic one and one named lasagna. The second one was better but maybe it was so because it was much more closer to calzone. I think that fried pizza is something of acquired taste.

This is cheap place so beer and wine was also cheap but it was all good. In overall we paid like 15 euro for two pizza big beer and wine.

Last note you are serviced by waiter but then you go to counter to pay for everything. Oh and prices in entrench are valid when you take food to go when you sit at table they are a bit 1-2 euro higher.

Date of visit: October 2018