Holiday Inn Naples
  • Free Internet
Hotel Eden(Naples)
Hotel Mignon(Naples)
1,436 results
All reviewsbusiness districtfree shuttlecentro direzionaletrain stationclose to the airporttwo double bedsupgraded to a suitebusiness hotelrestaurant staffhotel is situatedtaxi ridepiazza garibaldicomfortable hotelshort stayamalfi coastderelictplatinum
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel was beautiful as was the room. Great service. The employees were wonderful. A shuttle to the airport and places you wanted to go, was very convenient. The area is in the business district so there are many little restaurants and shops. Don't venture from that area. The view is of old abandoned buildings and such. They have limited shuttle service on Sunday so we took the train, SCARRRRRRRY! No escalator down or elevators, rough on older people with luggage. We planned a boat trip to Capri but couldn't schedule it so we could make the last shuttle back to the hotel, disappointing! The city is one of the dirtiest cities we have ever seen, and we travel all over. It could have really been a beautiful city similar to Rome with it's old buildings, churches and castles but it was soooooooo dirty. The state of the city had nothing to do with the hotel, they were very accommodating! There is a restaurant outside of the hotel that serves pizza and seafood, excellent food and service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Dear Chartrumb
I thank you for the nice review regarding our hotel, even if your experience in Naples didn’t completely satisfy you.
I am delighted to know that you like the design of our hotel and your room as well as the convenience of our shuttle bus.
Most of all it is wonderful to hear positive comments about our staff.
I sincerely hope we will have the chance to welcoming you again soon.
Best wishes. Bruno De Caria

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times in the last few years, most recently in late September. Now, if you want to walk to tourist locations, it's not a good place. It's definitely in a business zone. But, they actually have an excellent shuttle service that will take you to various places in Naples, where you can go touring on foot. We took the shuttle a couple days, once to a stop it makes near the Galleria Umberto and the Castel Nuovo. Really convenient in that regard.

Did I say the shuttle is excellent? Yes, it is, except if you're trying to find where to catch it from outside the airport to take you to the hotel. Seriously, the hotel's complete failure to provide adequate information on finding the stop is inexcusable. For this reason, I'm downgrading the hotel from a 4 to a 3. To make things worse, I had emailed the hotel days before arriving and the answer was so unspecific and useless as to be almost criminally indifferent. The manager of the hotel should have someone make a walk through from point of exit from the airport to the shuttle stop, and make some specific references to landmarks as one will see, then, write the instructions and give them to someone who is tasked to walk from the exit to the stop to see if they've explained it well enough for someone to find the stop. This would not be hard. The shuttle does not run to the airport on Sundays. Check for the schedule from the hotel.

Every time I have stayed at this hotel they seem to have busloads of Japanese tourists checking in. They obviously have a connection for business for that trade. If you're behind such a group for checking in or needing service, it's just a fact you're in for a long wait.

I can't remember which floor it is that you should exit so as to go through a bar area but you then exit into a patio area of sorts where there is a little pizzeria. I love that place. The service may be up one time, spotty the next, but the pizzas there have always been good and I think much better than the Pizzeria Brandi.

All in all, I would not hesitate returning to the Holiday Inn. l know it's not in the tourist center but I know the shuttle service is excellent. And, I would return here again just to eat at the little pizzeria, which is not owned by the Holiday Inn. It's outside the Holiday Inn maybe 50 paces from the time you exit the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear HowieG,

I wish to thank you for the time you spent in sharing your comments about your last stay at the Holiday Inn Naples.
I thank you for the nice review regarding our services, even if the shuttle service didn’t completely satisfy you.
I took note of your comments regarding the difficulty in finding the shuttle stop at the airport, and I’ll take care personally to fine the best possible solution.
As you mentioned although we are located in the business district of Naples we do offer a shuttle service to the city centre. As you pointed out this is a real plus for all those who wish to reach the heart of the city for some sightseeing.

I’m happy to hear you will come back to our hotel in case of a future trip to Naples and I look forward to welcoming you personally.

Thanks again and best regards. Bruno De Caria, Generla Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Our primary reason for choosing this hotel was it's proximity to the airport. We stayed our last night of a ten day holiday here and, not surprisingly, were left disappointed after a wonderful stay in Sorrento.

While the room was comfortable enough and the location about as we anticipated it was the utter lack of interest shown by virtually every member of the hotel staff that left me most cold. The simplest requests for assistance or information were met with indifference if not out right hostility. I don't feel I should apologize for not speaking fluent Italian or be made to feel as if I am a nuisance when I have a question. I learned a hand gesture or two while in Italy that I would like to show to just about every employee of this hotel. The lone exception was the lovely woman who prepared me an espresso early on our departure morning when I was really in need of my caffeine fix (grazie signora).

Unless you MUST stay at this hotel I feel certain there are many, many superior choices in Napoli.

Room Tip: They are probably all the same for the most part. Hopefully you won't have to actually ask anyone on staff for assistance
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Rickebob,

Many thanks for the time you dedicated to us.

With much regret and surprise I learn of your comments about every employee of our Hotel. We usually receive appreciation for the service they extend to the guests, with the exception of a couple of unusual cases.

More details concerning when and where you didn’t receive a satisfying service will surely help me better understand the matter and take all possible measures to avoid this kind of problems in the future.

I thank you once more for your kind attention and I look forward to receiving further details.

Sincerely yours. Bruno De Caria, General Manager

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This hotel whilst is in a shabby area is perfect for arriving by car and not having to navigate the city. It's basic clean with good parking and not too expensive. Breakfast is adequate.
Napoli was interesting and much more than we expected.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear AustraliaFrancesca
Thank you for the time spent in writing your review.
We are glad that you have appreciated the cleanliness of our hotel, our breakfast and the convenience of our parking.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Holiday Inn Naples, if you are back to Naples in the future.
Kind regards. Bruno De Caria, General Manager.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had to stay one night at Naples to catch an early morning flight back home. Had chosen the Holiday Inn as it has a shuttle bus ("la navetta" in Italian). This service worked perfectly fine. A nice young guy was running la navetta and I used it in total 3 times during same afternoon:airport - hotel; hotel- city center; city center - hotel. To find the stop at the airport you should better ask directions at the Information desk. The hotel is nothing special, the immediate surroundings are quite scary. Reception staff was very professional, strict, polite, fast. I enjoyed the bed - very comfortable and large. Appreciated the early morning coffee, juice and cake.

Room Tip: Do not take a smoking room - the windows don't open and the rooms are smelly
Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
GMManager, Direttore at Holiday Inn Naples, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear My_favourites_10

I wish to thank you for the revue about your stay at the Holiday Inn Naples.
It’s a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our Hotel.
I’m sorry for the bad impression you had about the surroundings. The area facing the Hotel, I agree are not in good shape, but we hope that soon it will be redeveloped by the public administration, that is competent for the relating works.
The other side of the Hotel is quite different, since the Hotel is located in a modern business complex, and our building is one of the skyscrapers of the area. During the day thousand people enjoy the small restaurant and cafeterias and walk for shopping in several good value shops.

Thanking you once more, I hope to see you again in our Hotel.

Best regards