“Don't eat here if you are not hungry” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Figlia del Presidente

La Figlia del Presidente
Ranked #135 of 2,765 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“Don't eat here if you are not hungry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Tired out after a long day walking, we stumbled in here for a casual meal - it looked a bit scary but well worth the visit. It's not very romantic, but it is exceptional value for money. The house wine was perfect, the prosciutto and mozarella entree delicious and the pizza ENORMOUS but divine. I wish I could go back there every pizza night - the ones I make at home can't really compare.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Naples, Italy
“Avoid!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

By reputation,one of the better pizzeria's in Naples,but oh dear!.I have tried it three times thinking
"maybe a bad day",but no.My first two times,I tried Pizza Diavola,my favourite,they where both bland and uninteresting On my last visit,just recently I ordered a Margherita just to try the basic. It would have been better eaten with a spoon! Oily and awful. Add to this the unfriendly staff and their off hand manner and its "no go"for me. As an aside on the staff attitude,I have seen them take rubbish to the nearby bins, cardboard boxes not flattened,empty oil drums just thrown in. Naples has a garbage problem at the best of times,this careless,environment unfriendly attitude summs up the place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GonzalesBucksU_K_
Phoenix, Arizona
“Will Remember Forever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I love pizza, and so does my wife. You can wait for hours outside Pizzeria da Michele with all the tourists and "Eat Pray Love" sheep, or you can read up a bit about Naples pizza and look for a good place with the Vera designation. We knew about Vera Pizza Napoletana before walking into this place, and I have to say: our expectations were not just met, they were exceeded far beyond that. We walked in (without reservations) and ordered the traditional pizza with DOC mozarella di bufala, and let me tell you: it was heavenly. My wife devoured the entire pizza before I did (and it was fairly big). I can honestly say this without doubt: this was the best pizza we had ever had in the entire WORLD. Seriously. Add to that great prices, and you really can't afford to miss this place. It was full of locals and the décor felt just right. Just make sure you remember they operate on Italian hours: they are open late afternoon and late evenings only.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank jds98235
England
“Excellent indeed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Noted this restaurant when planning trip for six of us to Naples for long weekend.
It happened to be about 25 yards from our hotel - which gave it added advantage.
Now I personally am not a great pizza officianado - but the rest of the group whole heartedly agreed that the pizzas were amongst the very best they have ever tasted anywhere !!!
Service was couteous and the ambiance in the basement restaurant was just superb.
Prices - excellent value for money.
Well worth making a trip to this particular restaurant from wherever you are staying in Naples

• Visited November 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“Best pizza in the world.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

More than one hour waiting, and very unfriendly owners taking care of receiving guest... But I almost cried when I tasted the best pizza of my life. The mozzarela and the tomato sauce tasted incredibly smooth. Wine was ok. Very authentic Napoletan experience. And I can tell, other famous pizzerias in Napoli not always have such good ingredients or bake the pizza so well as this one.