“Best. Pizza. Period.”

Pizzeria da Gaetano
Ranked #82 of 2,966 Restaurants in Naples
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We accept reservations, takeaway pizzas, breakfast / brunch.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Anyone who knows me knows I love pizza, and that I'm a bit of a pizza purist. The only toppings I'll put are extra seasonings, if I feel it's needed.

Here, it was not. Margherita, marinara, take your pick. Simply delicious, with a bottle of Peroni to wash it all down. Came to eat here 3 times in 2 days!

The rest of my group ordered it with toppings, and they were certainly good in their own right. Whatever your preference, you can't go wrong.

PizzeriadaGaetano, Proprietario at Pizzeria da Gaetano, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your review, we are really pleased that you enjoyed our pizza and also to your friends. we remember of your group so cute. You have come three times is this is a very beautiful thing. Thank you thank you thank you! Greetings from Naples

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I got into this place on Friday around 15. The place waz busy, but not full. That was very important to me due very short time I had. I ordered both types of pizza noepoletana and it was the best pizza I had im my life.

PizzeriadaGaetano, Proprietario at Pizzeria da Gaetano, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your review and for the good things you have written. We are glad that you enjoyed the pizza and you have not done later. Thanks again a greeting from Gaetano

Reviewed April 15, 2013

So cheap, so delicious, so nice. Best pizzas of my life for the price of a metro ticket back home. We went there 4 times in 48 hours. I miss those pizzas already...

PizzeriadaGaetano, Proprietario at Pizzeria da Gaetano, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

I remember very well of you very nice guys, you are a great satisfaction. Come 4 times in 2 days is the maximum, thank you thank you thank you. We miss you too :-) Greetings from Naples

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We just had time to fit in a quick meal and took TA advice and made the effort to walk just a few minutes further than the station (after walking around all day ) and it was worth it 100 percent. The pizzas were simple and delicious. Simple in the best way - great thin base, light and slightly chewy crust, and tasty topping. We only had 15 minutes to spare and we ate an enormous pizza - hanging off the edge of the plate - without feeling heavy or overfull. But we were satisfied. Then I realised to my horror that I had spent most of my cash at Herculaneum and the museum (why don't they accept cards? ) and I only had 12.50 and the meal was 15.50. It was such a bargain to begin with and the lovely waiter, who I would love to have given a tip, thought the atm was too far and didn't want us to miss our train so accepted our meagre offering of 12.50. Don't miss this tiny place that is delicious and generous and full of locals. I will send them a little something to say thank you and I recommend you eat there. But bring enough cash please. I don't want to send them broke with hopeless customers like me!

PizzeriadaGaetano, Proprietario at Pizzeria da Gaetano, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Hello :-). It 'been a pleasure for me to know the kind and nice people like you. For some euro did not want you to miss the train and complicate your trip. I was pleased to do this. Thank you for the wonderful review and for all the beautiful things that you have written on our pizzeria. I hope you enjoyed Naples and I'm glad that you have not missed the train. I greet with great affection.
Gaetano

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I love this place. It's small. The people are nice. And it's cheap. What more could you ask for?!? I had a pizza and beer for 8 euro. They also have a pretty busy take out service...while I was there for 45min or so, there were at least 4 people that came in for a pizza to go. (google maps 40.854868,14.266755)

1  Thank jpyavin5
PizzeriadaGaetano, Proprietario at Pizzeria da Gaetano, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

and we love people like you! Thank you for the wonderful review we are glad that you enjoyed the pizza and you were right! Greetings from Naples