“Delicious coffee”

Il vero bar del professore
Ranked #70 of 241 Coffee & Tea in Naples
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I saw a lot of bad reviews about this place and I got a bit scared. It took a while until they took our order, but somehow understandable since the place was overcrowded. The waiters were a bit tired and seemed rude, but again, understandable as there is a huge flux of people. In the end the coffee was very good, totally worth it. We took Nociolato (the best), Caffe Crocantino, Espresso del professore, a small water and they were all awesome. Together with the coperto, we paid 13,5 €, which is acceptable for the place, as it is situated in the center of Naples, and for the quality of its coffee.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,930)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is in my top two or three sfogliatelle of Napoli. Highly recommended if you are in the area for a quick snack! YUM!

Reviewed September 11, 2019

A tour guide of us strogly recommended the cafe del professore so on sunday morning 8sept, we went there.The service was normal and promtly done,the espresso was excellent,weve payed cash,the note was onest

Reviewed August 27, 2019 via mobile

Extremely rude service. We’ve been here the past two weeks and decided to try a new place for coffee. Big mistake. They were very rude with not only us, but other customers in line. We wanted to use our MasterCard to pay and the waiter said cash only! We showed him it was clearly marked on the door that they accept MasterCard. He replied very rudely, and I responded that I didn’t have cash. He took my card, but raised the price at the same time. As I was leaving he was rude to the man behind me who laid down a €50 euro bill to pay.

Much better options —better service and quality just up the street on Via Chiaia.

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank FindJerry
Reviewed August 22, 2019

Customer service was orribile , really rude and sometimes felt uncomfortable. We have got 3 spritz 2 waters and 2 babà for the price of 40 euro. What a joke .

Date of visit: August 2019