“A sensational day in the Italian riviera”
Review of See Amalfi Coast

See Amalfi Coast
Ranked #1 of 250 Tours in Naples
More attraction details
Owner description: See Amalfi Coast is a private car service company and the fruit of two cousins' strong passion for their homeland. Carmine Foggia and Vito Minopoli, whom after obtaining their licenses as tour escorts for the Campania region, decided to improve the services they could offer to their customers accompanying them personally on a journey of discovery, which includes the most breathtaking sites and areas in Campania. See Amalfi Coast takes you to those places that you've always wanted to visit when visiting Southern Italy. See Amalfi Coast introduces you to those out-of-the way places the locals love and that large coach tours seldom reach. You can choose one of many package tours that have an authentic itinerary. It allows you to experience the region's fine cuisine. As well seeing spectacular panoramic and breathtaking views of the Amalfi coastline. You could even design your own tour, incorporating your list of must See places with our assistance. Either way, your escort driver will take care of everything, so you can sit back, relax and make the most of your time in Southern Italy. See Amalfi Coast believes travel is about "experiencing" new destinations and culture, rather than simply "passing through."
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We organized a trip from Naples to Sorrento, Positano and Pompeii with friends from our cruise ship. Vito was our driver and he was terrific. There was a strike on in Pompeii and so the itinerary had to be rearranged. It would have been good to have been contacted and told about this beforehand as we heard about it from others on the ship and didn't know if our excursion would be affected.

The day was pretty fast paced and of course we couldn't see everything but we had a real taste of the Rivera and Vito made it interesting and fun. He was vey attentive and concerned to ensure we had a good day.

The one disappointing part of the day was that we only had 1 1/2 hours in Pompeii and that included the 20-30 minutes we had to line up to buy tickets. I don't know why this couldn't have been done by the tour company and included in the price of our ticket but it wasn't. Also while all the guides of other groups jumped the queue (as they are allowed to do) and bought tickets for their groups, our guide Marcello just pointed us in the direction of the ticket box and watched us all being pushed further and further back in the queue as other guides jumped in. Vito and Carmine might want to have a word to him about this.

Even so, we had a lovely day and I would recommend this company to others wishing to see the beautiful Amalfi coast.

seeamalficoast, Owner at See Amalfi Coast, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you so much for the 4 star review. It is greatly appreciated. In regards to the strike, we were not informed until that night. We did try to contact our clients who were visiting Pompeii to let them know what was happening by telephone as we thought it was more productive then an email. We are aware that it is difficult to get reception at times on a cruiseship and expensive. We were successful with informing some clients and not with others. As for the wait, due to the fact that you had minors, in order for them to have received the free admission they needed to go through the line to show their identification. That is the policy at Pompeii ruin. It was unfortunate for the wait. However, we have brought this concern with the ticket box office if they can create a better system to avoid waiting time.

Best regards,
Carmine and Vito.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,333)
All reviews
"pasta"
in 61 reviews
"gelato"
in 65 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 48 reviews
"family restaurant"
in 18 reviews
"italian food"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

The booking was easy and I had a call from an owner to discuss the details, that was nice when u talk to a person. A car was big and comfortable, the sights were very amazing ; maybe too many for one trip since the distance are long . We hired our own guide so I can't comment on a driver as a guide but he was a nice guy and over all we had a very good experience . Do it !!

See Amalfi Coast" and myself, would like to thank you for your positive review on trip advisor.
We are so happy and glad that you found our services excellent !
We try to do our very best to provide the best customer service care we can.
Once again, thenk you for your kind words and we hope you had a truly memorable and extravagant experience of Italy:
We hope to meet again on another fantastic tour.
Warmest regards
VITO and CARMINE

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I found See Amalfi Coast through TripAdvisor and booked trips for our ports of call in Naples, Rome and Florence/Pisa June 2013 after researching the ship options as well as other private tours. SAC was less expensive for the 3 of us versus the ship, and we had a far superior experience. Booking is super easy and they are very responsive. And don't believe the ship hype about only taking the ship's excursions due to making sure you get back in time. These folks are professionals and there is no need to worry.

As another reviewer said, I was slightly nervous upon arriving in Naples whether they'd actually be at the dock, but there was Carmine, with a big smile and great personality! We felt immediately comfortable with him. We did the Sorrento, Positano, and Pompeii tour, plus Carmine arranged a private guide for Pompeii (well worth the expense). Rather than being herded from place to place with a bus load of people, we got a personalized, relaxed and unique experience. We were treated like family from out of town.

Our drivers for Rome and Florence also did a wonderful job. Bottom-line, working with See Amalfi Coast was a great decision. Carmine, thanks a million for taking such good care of us! We sincerely hope we see you again soon on another trip.

I'd like to thank you for your kind words on Trip Advisor. It is a great feeling when I get such positive feedback of my service from my clients once the tour is done. Knowing that they are completely satisfied makes me very happy. Our See Amalfi Coast team appreciates it as this helps our business grow. I'm so happy that I was able to share my love of my homeland and my culture with you. Also, I am ecstatic to have provided you with valuable history throughout the tour.

Hoping to meet you once again in the near future and provide you with another memorable tour and as for me, great company.

Warmest regards,
Carmine and Vito

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Booking is extremely simple...we sent an email requesting information and received a quote with the terms. We sent another email accepting the terms and conditions and received a confirmation back. No deposits, no cancellation penalties, no credit card info needed. This was done about two to three weeks before we were to arrive to Naples.

At the beginning we were afraid of a no-show, since there was no financial commitment, however we showed 30 minutes earlier than the agreed time and met Vito (owner-driver-guide) with a big smile and a sign with our names waiting for us at the gate.

We took the Sorrento, Positano and Pompeii tour. Vito custom tailored our visit in order to avoid the crowds and made sure we experienced all the important sights and local craftsmanship. Also, if there is any deviation you want to do, just go ahead and mention it to Vito and he will try to accommodate it, after all it is your tour.

The experience is more like a friend is showing you his country, and make sure you request to listen to Vito's Uncle Folk music CD, it will just give you the perfect Italian ambience.....

We recommend to stop over for lunch at Positano and enjoy the magnificent view with a glass of local wine and excellent "like home food" restaurant. In Pompeii, if you have the time, request a guide (at extra cost) to show you the ruins.....otherwise you will be lost...

The tour is handled very professional, and it was the high light of our cruise vacation...Vito also speaks Spanish, so we did the tour in English, Spanish and Italian.

We are so happy and glad that you found our services excellent !
We try to do our very best to provide the best customer service care we can.
We hope to meet again on another fantastic tour.
Warmest regards
VITO and CARMINE

See more reviews
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked this day based on the Tripadvisor reviews and couldn't have been more pleased! Vito met us at the port and spent the day entertaining and informing us. He was professional, knowledgeable and charming throughout the day, including a fabulous lunch recommendation. It was definitely the best and most memorable of all the private tours we took on our cruise!

Warmest regards,