“Calm in Crazy, Wonderful Naples”
Review of Naples City Attic

Naples City Attic
Ranked #28 of 186 Specialty Lodging in Naples
Oklahoma City
“Calm in Crazy, Wonderful Naples”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

We chose Toledo 205 apartments from their website, mainly for the terrace and location. The apartment location was perfect for walking to the major sites and centro storico, right across the street from the funicular. The apartment is located on the 5th floor, but has an elevator that sometimes takes .10 to ride when the building is open.
There are 3 units that share a large outdoor terrace that had beautiful flowers. Our apartment was spacious, clean and everything we needed for a 3 day stay. We had our own private terrace up a winding staircase complete with table, chairs and chaises lounges. The views were great and it was calm and peaceful. We felt very safe and secure, and their internet connection worked great.
In fact what amazed us, was how quiet our apartment was, and when you go down to the street below, it was full of people. Toledo is mainly a pedestrian street, so there was always activity and great people watching.
Fabio was a wonderful host, and when he came by to water the flowers, he stayed to visit with us for a while and share a glass of wine.
We would recommend this apartment for the location, the wonderful terraces and views, value, and the friendly service we received from Fabio the owner.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovenice2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 21, 2011

We stayed here for one night in the middle of May en route to the airport, a family of four with young children. After spending almost a week on the sorrento coast we wanted to stop in Naples for a day and do some shopping, and I must say that we not have picked a better place. The location in wonderful! Right on via toledo (which is one the main shopping streets in naples), across the street from a funicular station, next door to the Umberto Mall and Teatro San Carlo, and 3 minutes walk away from the Alibus to the airport, as well as a main bus stop. The port, with ferries to Capri and the Islands, is also no more five minutes away. So wherever it is you are going in Naples or the surrounding areas, your stop is no more than five minutes away!

We stayed in the Romeo apartment, which is a big, nice and clean apartment on the top floor with two private terraces, a large bathroom, a fully equipped kitchen and wi-fi . Very nice and cosy, and surprisingly quiet. Our host, Fabio, was very welcoming and helpful and spoke very good English.

My only regret is not being able to stay longer, but I will definitely try to stay here on my next visit to Naples.

I warmly recommend this apartment to anyone coming to Naples.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank MGYamani
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Let's be honest about it: for the price you pay, this appartment is an absolute bargain! I don't know about other peoples's standards, but when we arrived, everything was absolutely clean, there was fresh linen on the bed, etc. A perfect and agreeable way to start a short vacation in Naples. Also, during our short stay, it became apparent how well-chosen this appartment was (for which I have to thank my wife ;-) : situated bang in the middle of Via Toledo, one of the main streets in the city centre, directly facing the funicolare, an array of great restaurants within walking distance (try El Cuccinella if you really want a treat of great Napolitan food!), ... All great assets. And the appartment itself: nice little (equipped) kitchen, wifi!, great bedroom, nice living (with huge television - a tip, if you come with children: bring a small dvd player and some dvd's; after a whole day visiting the numerous touristic highlights, it's the perfect chill-out moment). Plus, and this is a great plus: in spite of the hustle and bustle on the streets below, it's absolutely quiet!
No: we only have positive things to say about this appartment, ánd the reception by Fabio, who's a charming host!

Room Tip: Perfect for young couple or family w/ up to 2 kids
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank BartA_11
Reviewed April 16, 2011

Thank you very much! I had the possibility to use these beautiful terraces during our breakfast and dinner, and I enjoied all the city starting from the quietness of this place! The owner is a person very nice, he suggests us a lot restaurants and beaches to go and we see that there are more places to go and visit. Thank you Fabio!

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank Ger1234
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We were attracted by the photos of the beautiful roof-top and the good location however I must say that I am quite disappointed with the condition of the apartment. It is not only dirty/ filthy, the bath towels and bed linen smell a little. The shower door is broken. They are not awfully bad but these are the areas that needs improvements and that's the recent for people writing review. I have provided similar comments on the booking site however I am very disappointed that only the good comments are shown and the negetive part was deleted. I hope Trip Advisor is a much liberal place to leave comments, be it good or bad so the readers will not be deceived.

Room Tip: Read Trip Advisor's Comment
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Principessaciu
toledo205, Proprietario at Naples City Attic, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
They have arrived while I was ending to clean up and they have said that the apartment was good this way so I leave them the apartment immediatily because they wanted to use it shortly.
During their stay I asked them several times if everything was ok but they said everything was perfect. I didn't know about the shower beacuse they didn't say me, but now the shower it's ok.
I wash towels and sheets personally, maybe they are a little old but they sure are cleaned very well. But from this week I'm renewing all the towels and sheets for this new season.
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Excellent reception, very warm and friendly. The apartment is very well situated, in the heart of everything that matters in Napoli. It is perfect for a couple, or even for a family with a young child. The terrace is to die for, too bad the weather did not allow us to have our morning coffee or evening drink there... Would go back anytime!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Oanacris
Also consider these accommodations in or near Naples
Bed & Breakfast Toledo
Two Sisters Suites
#68 of 186 in Naples
Maison Toledo 210
#11 of 186 in Naples

Been to Naples City Attic? Share your experiences!