“Vacation”
Review of Mughal-e-Azam

Mughal-e-Azam
Ranked #1,512 of 3,598 Restaurants in Naples
Description: Mughal-e-Azam indian Restaurant and Banquet Hall providing Best Indian Dishes Both in Veg. & Non Veg. Also Hosting Weddings, Family & Social Gathering.
Reviewed May 29, 2019 via mobile

Good Indian and mughalai food with very nice service. Ali Bhai was very helpful and very good hospitality. Must definitely give it a try

Reviewed May 12, 2019

This was undoubtedly the worst Indian food I have ever eaten. We ordered our food and were given 2 popadoms ( while we waited) that must have been left out to soak up moisture, they were small and damp, not crispy but bendy, they came with 3 accompaniments, these were complimentary so I just pointed out that they were not crispy thinking that maybe this had been a mistake. For mains my partner ordered Turka Dall, which, to be fair wasn’t bad, the saving grace of the whole meal. I ordered a chicken vindaloo which resembled a thin supermarket curry sauce, which was mild at best, with bad cuts of chicken added. I also ordered vegetable fried rice which was some sort of generic, microwave in a bag rice with mixed veg added and not fried. We also had a garlic nan and a plain nan which resembled a perfectly round, small, store bought nan with a tiny bit of garlic butter added to the middle, the average size was about 6inches across and stodgy in the middle. My partner and I had a beer and a small wine and the bill came to E47:50, wish we had eaten in our hotel, this place was across the road, very bad decision on our part. This is the worst Curry we have ever eaten, I am Indian and we eat Indian food in restaurants and takeaway all the time in England. If you have eaten here please don’t think that this is representational of Indian cuisine because it is not

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

Think this is the 1st bad review I have given, ever.

We went here as it was close to the hotel and after a long day we thought we would save ourselves the walk, should have just pulled something out of the bin instead of going here.

Food was overpriced and very poor, the chicken vindaloo my partner had tasted like it was out of a tin and wasn’t hot, the popadoms were soggy and stale, not sure how you can mess up rice but they did...

The dhal I had was actually ok but it didn’t make up for the rest of the meal.

1  Thank U671LFmarks
Reviewed April 29, 2019

great food reasonably priced, excellent service from friendly staff.
lovely clean restaurant
wines were a little expensive

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 28, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful place for dinner and amazing food, lovely people. All the good reviews that I have read about this property are true. The friendliness of the staff seems genuine. I have never seen such good customer service as I experienced here.

Date of visit: April 2019