“Best hostel we've stayed in”

Giovanni's Home Napoli
Ranked #13 of 250 Specialty Lodging in Naples
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I would definitely recommend staying here, great central location, good value for money, great chilled out atmosphere and really good for meeting people. Perhaps the best part is the host Giovanni, he treats you like family, is always willing to help, cooks lovely authentic food for you on occasion and tells you all the best places to go in Naples. His love for his city and the hostel really do make it. Best hostel we've stayed in so far, currently travelling around Italy and are constantly comparing the others to it, they haven't come close.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank melluff

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Giovanni is such a legend. He is such an amazing host and obviously puts so much love into what he does. We were welcomed with cold water and the most amazing risotto! We were then given a proper introduction to Naples and given advice on where to go and what to see. It was really helpful. I didn't realize how much there was to see in Naples. I will definitely need to go back and stay longer. The hostel is small, but in a good way. It gives you a chance to meet everyone. It was by far the best hostel we stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I don't have enough words to express how great was my time in this city and in this hostel. I intended to stay only 3 nights, just to see pompei, ercolano, the vesuvio and look around, but after listenning to Giovanni's explanation about the city and about all the places I could go, I decided to spend a whole week.
Giovanni is a very kind and helpful person. For sure that is the best hostel to stay in Naples.
Thank you Giovanni!!!
From Brazilian Chico! Rowan

Room Tip: There is no lift and there are 3 levels of stairs. Ask him to help you to bring up your luggage if n...
1  Thank RowanVilar
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I would highly recommend staying at Giovanni's when visiting Naples. When you first arrive Giovanni greets you with a glass of water and sits down with a map of Naples and goes over all the attractions. Very helpful! He also cooks lunch for the hostel everyday, very good food. I stayed in an 8 bed female dorm, standard hostel set up. Giovanni assures you that your belongings are safe there, I never felt the need to lock anything. Plenty of bathrooms, and a nice balcony to eat and hang wet clothes. I will definitely be staying here again when I re-visit Naples.

1  Thank thedreamingtree12
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Giovanni is the most amazing host I have ever come across on my travels

He cares about his guests and goes out his way to give everyone a memorable stay.

I arrived from the airport and Giovanni arranged a taxi for me as it was late at night. When I arrived he gave me a bowl of delicious risotto and told me everything I had to know about Naples and beyond.

Rooms are basic but spacious, there are hot showers, a decent kitchen and sitting area. Giovanni cooks delicious meals for everyone and makes it a really homely place.

Easy to meet people too, easy to get around Naples.

Would very highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank gemwho
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Giovanni's Home is great. Giovanni is a perfect host, he is a wealth of information and he'll feed you as well (and feed you well). As for Naples, it is the most beautiful city I have ever seen. Don't let a ridiculous reputation scare you, it is safe and overwhelmingly beautiful. Living in rome, I go to Giovanni's whenever I can. It is the best hostel I've ever stayed at and the city has more to offer than you would ever know.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Giovanni's Home is more like a homestay than a hostel - you simply feel like home in there! Just like other travelers, upon my arrival, I was given detailed information on where to go and to avoid, also gave me a lot of useful advise (such as where to get the best pizza in town!). He also made us pasta, VERY GOOD pasta for the day's lunch. Where else can you find a host who will cook you delicious meals? When I had to leave, I was in a rush and have no time to get myself a lunch. Giovanni sent me down and bought me a panini for my train ride. He really is the best host one can ever ask for.

The hostel is situated in a convenient location, few stations away from the main train station and very near to the National Archaeological Museum of Naples. Room is clean and comfortable, and showering facilities is clean and big enough as well. Wifi was available throughout the hostel, and I love the terrace where people gather and talk there.

Thank you Giovanni! I promise I will come back!! :D