“Feels like family”

Giovanni's Home Napoli
Ranked #8 of 205 Specialty Lodging in Naples
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I would highly recommend staying at Giovanni's when visiting Naples. When you first arrive Giovanni greets you with a glass of water and sits down with a map of Naples and goes over all the attractions. Very helpful! He also cooks lunch for the hostel everyday, very good food. I stayed in an 8 bed female dorm, standard hostel set up. Giovanni assures you that your belongings are safe there, I never felt the need to lock anything. Plenty of bathrooms, and a nice balcony to eat and hang wet clothes. I will definitely be staying here again when I re-visit Naples.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank thedreamingtree12

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Giovanni is the most amazing host I have ever come across on my travels

He cares about his guests and goes out his way to give everyone a memorable stay.

I arrived from the airport and Giovanni arranged a taxi for me as it was late at night. When I arrived he gave me a bowl of delicious risotto and told me everything I had to know about Naples and beyond.

Rooms are basic but spacious, there are hot showers, a decent kitchen and sitting area. Giovanni cooks delicious meals for everyone and makes it a really homely place.

Easy to meet people too, easy to get around Naples.

Would very highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank gemwho
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Giovanni's Home is great. Giovanni is a perfect host, he is a wealth of information and he'll feed you as well (and feed you well). As for Naples, it is the most beautiful city I have ever seen. Don't let a ridiculous reputation scare you, it is safe and overwhelmingly beautiful. Living in rome, I go to Giovanni's whenever I can. It is the best hostel I've ever stayed at and the city has more to offer than you would ever know.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Giovanni's Home is more like a homestay than a hostel - you simply feel like home in there! Just like other travelers, upon my arrival, I was given detailed information on where to go and to avoid, also gave me a lot of useful advise (such as where to get the best pizza in town!). He also made us pasta, VERY GOOD pasta for the day's lunch. Where else can you find a host who will cook you delicious meals? When I had to leave, I was in a rush and have no time to get myself a lunch. Giovanni sent me down and bought me a panini for my train ride. He really is the best host one can ever ask for.

The hostel is situated in a convenient location, few stations away from the main train station and very near to the National Archaeological Museum of Naples. Room is clean and comfortable, and showering facilities is clean and big enough as well. Wifi was available throughout the hostel, and I love the terrace where people gather and talk there.

Thank you Giovanni! I promise I will come back!! :D

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Sherenku
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Not only an hostel, this place will teach you (if you're one with an open heart) one or two things about empathy and the importance of simple things in life. Giovanni lives for his guests, he takes his job very seriously, he is the perfect host. He will make sure you are safe, comfortable and that your experience in Napoli is worthwhile by telling you everything you need to know. But above all you will leave this place with the reassurance that you can feel at home even when you're away. You don't want to miss that!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I can't reccommend this hostel highly enough! When we arrived we were greeted with a smiling Giovanni and a glass of water. Giovanni creates such a great atmosphere in the hostel, it's easy to meet others and you feel right at home. Great facilities and the extra touches like musical instruments and the terrace go a long way. Great beds, great location, great people. Giovanni changed my perspective of Naples and made my stay here an experience I'll never forget! If you're going to Naples don't stay anywhere else. Thanks Giovanni!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nicola J
Reviewed May 4, 2014

My sister and I spent 3 nights at Giovanni's and still have such fond memories! After climbing three flights of huge stairs we arrived tired and sweaty, but were welcomed with water and a huge bowl of pasta. Like everyone else's posts, Giovanni gave us the run-down of the town - places to go, avoid, etc. He never steered us wrong and we had a wonderful time! My sister and I are quite shy and normally keep to ourselves, but you couldn't help but feel a part of a family here and we went out for dinner with the housemates and were much more social. Giovanni offered to take us on his motorcycle one morning (we declined, but another girl went and said it was really fun) and he also bought us delicious little pastries at the place next door. I'll never forget how he affectionately referred to my sister as "Onion Head" because of her hair bun on top of her head :) I hope we can go back some day!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends