All reviews delicious pasta common room an amazing place to stay free pasta italian family on arrival outdoor terrace best pizza a great stay explore naples train station hostel giovani city napoli grazie rome
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We loved our time at Giovanni's, even if it was just a few nights. We were welcomed with a glass of cold water and delicious pumpkin and rice risotto, and we're then given a full briefing of the town and it's history. How fantastic! Giovanni loves his city and wants everyone to experience all it's wonders. He also loves his guests and wants them to have the best time in Naples. We would go back again and again!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

When you come to Giovannis, it's not a hostel experience. It's like staying in the home of a close family friend, someone who will look after you and make sure your stay in Naples in nothing short of perfect. His pasta and risotto might be out of this world fantastic, that goes without saying, but it's the atmosphere of the place that really makes it. We made some amazing friends in the two days we were lucky enough to stay here, both in other travellers and in the man himself, and I will 100% be back to visit. Obviously to see the gorgeous sights of a true Italian town, but to see it's real highlight, Giovanni.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Tessa M
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I have been lucky enough to stay in this hostel around 8/9 times. Of course you are only allowed to review on hostelworld.com once, so I thought I'd have my stay on here too.

This is not a hostel, it is a warm, friendly, safe environment where you will be looked after and given the best information about the beautiful city of Naples. Giovanni will personally give you all the necessary details regarding Naples, from the 'must see' to the 'no go' areas. There is free wifi, two fridges, the hostel is spotlessly clean and I've been lucky enough to try two absolutely fantastic dishes made by the man himself, my favourite being 'pasta, patate e provola', potatoes, pasta and a smoked local cheese, it is to die for!

Giovanni is a truly generous man with a wealth of knowledge regarding his city. You are paying for HIM when you pay for this hostel. You are paying for his knowledge, his hospitality, his interest in you and his caring, warm hostel. I look forward to being back as soon as I can.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Jack M
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

We came from Rome to Naples on our journey through Europe as a young backpacking couple. We came to Naples basically for Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius (the volcano). Well, there is a lot more to do here then you think!
We caught a train from Rome and arrived around 12:30pm to Naples. We got to Giovannis by metro 1 train which cost around €1.30 per person. Then it is a short 5min walk from the train station. It is down a small long road so keep your eyes out for the number 43!
Giovanni was there waiting for us and gave us a lovely introduction about Naples and everything you need to know about the place!
We came also reading on the internet about the theft in Naples, we did not how ever see or come across anything and you do feel safe here.
Giovanni cooked for us (a delicious pasta dish) and made us feel very welcome!
We only had a short two nights stay but defiantly would of stayed longer if we knew how much there was too see! Due to a time schedule we could not however change for a longer stay.
For a wonderful hostel, great company and other guest, close to food and the train station how can you go wrong with this place with such amazing views!
We think Naples was more exciting then Rome!!

Date of stay: March 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The reviews on this hostel and giovanni seemed too good to be true, but they really are legitimate. We almost didnt come to naples because of how dangerous everyone warned us it would be. I would only recommend coming to naples, if you stay at giovannis. We arrived after 1030 at night, which we took a taxi, that dropped us off a distance away from the hostel. Giovanni was sat on the balcony shouting down to us. Hes great.

When we got upstairs, he had just finished preparing dinner for everyone, so we ate with them, then sat down with giovanni to check In. He highlighted everything on the map for us. Purple wasthe bad areas to avoid, he showdd us important churches and museums, the best pizza place and an orange hihlighter which was a direct path to see the best of naples. He really knows his stuff.

The main dining room was awesome to get to know eveyone, my boyfriend and i played chess in there with giovannis set. We had booked an 8 share, which he gave to just us so we had some pricacy, then the other two 8 shares he turned into one for the boys, and one for the girls.. hes very considerate. The wifi was great, he let us use his washing mahine for free. We had free dinner almost every nigt and even had lunch once too.

I cannot recommend this hostel enough. As I said, dont do napoli unless you are staying here!

Date of stay: March 2014