All reviewscommon roomfree pastathree flights of stairsbest pizzaheavy luggageon arrivaloutdoor terracewashing machinea great stayvisiting naplestrain stationhostelgiovanimapcitynapolipompeii
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The reviews on this hostel and giovanni seemed too good to be true, but they really are legitimate. We almost didnt come to naples because of how dangerous everyone warned us it would be. I would only recommend coming to naples, if you stay at giovannis. We arrived after 1030 at night, which we took a taxi, that dropped us off a distance away from the hostel. Giovanni was sat on the balcony shouting down to us. Hes great.

When we got upstairs, he had just finished preparing dinner for everyone, so we ate with them, then sat down with giovanni to check In. He highlighted everything on the map for us. Purple wasthe bad areas to avoid, he showdd us important churches and museums, the best pizza place and an orange hihlighter which was a direct path to see the best of naples. He really knows his stuff.

The main dining room was awesome to get to know eveyone, my boyfriend and i played chess in there with giovannis set. We had booked an 8 share, which he gave to just us so we had some pricacy, then the other two 8 shares he turned into one for the boys, and one for the girls.. hes very considerate. The wifi was great, he let us use his washing mahine for free. We had free dinner almost every nigt and even had lunch once too.

I cannot recommend this hostel enough. As I said, dont do napoli unless you are staying here!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 12, 2014

A really nice and inexpensive place to stay in Naples. Giovanni is amazing. He cooked a meal for us and talked at length about Naples and Italy. He also provides you the best possible way to explore Naples and pompei. He can come out as opinionated but I liked his inputs. Although he did provide very detail steps on how to get to his place. It is very difficult to get there if you have not viewed the route on google maps. Overall, strongly recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My friend and I arrived in Naples at night knowing absolutely nothing about the city and planning to stay for 2 days. Instead we had 11 of the most incredible days of our 4 month European adventure. And this was almost all due to Giovanni. He gave the most amazingly in-depth introduction to this incredible city and was constantly giving us advice on what to do, where to go, where to get the best coffee, mozarella, pizza, pastries etc. He mad us delicious pasta every day and cooked traditional dishes from Napoli using ingredients unique to the area.Naples was the perfect base to explore Pompeii, the Amalfi coast and for day trips to Capri and the surrounding islands.

Cannot recommend Giovanni's enough and I hope to go back in the years to come.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hop-over
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This is a very unique hostel in the heart of Napoli. From the day you arrive to the day you leave Giovanni gives you special attention, He is the only staff but he is always there! Sometimes he cooks for everybody and he also sings and play the guittar and the harmonica, He is a real entertainer. The hostel has everything you need.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I have to say this is one really special hostel, it's actually Giovanni's appartment. The first thing that struck me was when we entered Giovanni gave us a glass of cold water and believe me it really helps after walking in the sun to the hostel and going up 3 flights of stairs. After that Giovanni kindly gave us a lot of info about Naples and the surroundings, which was very helpful as we came there with a very vague plan of what we'll do. After the presentation he cooked us some pasta for lunch and the whole hostel ate together which I liked very much, especially after spending so much time on the road this was such a nice 'family' lunch. During our stay there Giovanni was really helpful and nice to us, he even made me coffee one morning when I was feeling really tired. The last day when my friend missed her bus he went to pick her up at the bus station and bought her a ticket for the metro to come back to the hostel and offered her a free stay for that night, and the next day he called us in the morning to make sure we got on the bus this time. I can just say Giovanni is a great guy and I really wish there was more people like him, I really liked the experience, however just a warning he is intrusive and if you don't like getting advice or you are really a private person or an introvert I wouldn't advise you to come here.
The hostel itself is ok, it is in a great location in the historic centre, the beds are a bit uncomfortable but managable to sleep in, there are no lockers but I felt it was safe so you shouldn't be worried about your belongings, our stuff was always on our bed or laying somewhere in the room and nothing went missing. the bathrooms are ok, there is also a great kitchen and terrace. There is just 3 rooms so it's really kinda intimate so you get to know the people you share the space with.
All in all, the hostel itself is nothing special, but Giovanni is a great host and he will make your experience unforgettable for sure and even cook you some tasty italian food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends