“Delightful”

Bed & Breakfast Il Giardino Segreto
Ranked #248 of 776 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My daughter and I arrived very early in the morning as we had taken the ferry from Sicily and it docked at 6.00am. We arrived at Il Giardino Secreto to a very warm welcome from Mario who immediately took us to the Secret Garden which lived up to its name in every way. He explained that as we were so early the room wasn't ready but we were welcome to sit in the garden, help ourselves to breakfast and generally make ourselves at home in the common areas until check in time. We installed ourselves in the hammocks in the gorgeous garden and listened to the birds singing. When the room was ready we found that it was a very large bright room overlooking the street. We had a table and chairs and cutlery and in the passageway there was a small kitchenette so we were able to prepare and eat our meals in comfort. I guess my only criticism was that we had to keep the windows closed as the traffic noise was so loud, there was no ensuite bathroom and I felt that the location was a little far out of town. However all in all it represented very good value for money, the garden was as special as advertised and the attention to detail in the room was of a hight standard.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank 255103Caroline

Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stay with Ana and Mario from thursday, the 30th of september till the 4the of october with 4 friends in the quadroom. Napoli was a "culture-shock": very noisy, full of cars, etc.
But after a few days we loved Napoli! The people we met were very kind and helpfull. With the "arte-card" we hopped from bus to metro to train to visit several musea, Vesuvio and Pompei. Ana and Mario: thank you very much for al your advices, the use of your wonderfull garden and your hospitallity! Arriverderci,
Anne Marie Reus, Pleuni, Trude en Reinhilde

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Very friendly owner (mario), nice cute rooms, easy to get to, and perfect if you want to stay somewhere to get away from the chaotic streets of Naples. They'll look after you hear, i'd reccomend it to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Mario and Anna were fantastic hosts no question was too hard. As we only speak English their English was fantasic. The garden is a paradise, sipping on a cold beverage and eating world famous Naples pizza, what more does one need in life...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2010

Two things really make a stay here memorable: Anna, a charming and helpful hostess, and her truly remarkable garden. Anna, who speaks exceptional English, will give you advice on everything from sightseeing to personal safety to fashion sense (the latter two were combined in my case). She has put a good deal of work into the garden the gives this b&b its name, and it must be seen to be believed. It must be at least 40 feet wide by 120 feet deep. It features palms, flowers, shrubs, lemon tress, and gazebos that guests can sit in. Breakfast in Ana's garden was the most peaceful and sublime experience of my Italian trip.

The room was well above average in terms of size, mattress comfort, and storage for clothes. A large window opened onto the courtyard. As is usual for Italy, the bathroom was a bit small, but there was plenty of hot water and light to shave by. The free wi-fi worked wonderfully, and I was able to Skype my wife and check my e-mail from the privacy of my room.

Breakfast was good, and I appreciated the slices of ham and cheese in addition to the usual Italian breakfast items. I must stress how reasonable the charges were and what an extraordinary value Il Giardino Segreto was.

My only complaint was that the lift was not working --- or rather, it could take one to every floor except the one that the b&b was on. I assume they are working on this, but when I was there, it made my arrival and departure awkward.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2010

This is a marvelous gem of a B&B in a fairly central location (within walking distance of Centro Storico and on the main bus route to the airport)
The proprietors are very nice people who go out of their way to help and speak great English! The rooms are very comfortable and the huge garden at the back is beautiful (especially in the spring and summer) and are reasonably priced
Excellent value for money!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I've been to Naples 3 times and each time at the "Il Giardino Segredo" and will continue to go there each time I'll be in Naples. Why ? Because it's like an escape from a busy town due to its garden and to the fact that Ana & Mario are like your life time friends, always friendly and guiding you on what new and beautiful places to see both in Naples and near it.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple