“Lovely pasta! A couple of improvements would make it even better!”

Sea Front Pasta Bar
Reserve a Table
Tue, 9/17
8:00 PM
Ranked #5 of 3,636 Restaurants in Naples
Description: Sea Front Di Martino Pasta Bar si rivolge agli amanti della buona pasta promettendo, a Napoli, un’esperienza di gusto unica nel suo genere. Caratterizzata da un design d’avanguardia, che strizza l’occhio alle tendenze internazionali, la cucina del ristorante, completamente a vista e circondata da un lungo tavolo con 23 posti a sedere, permette di assistere al lavoro dello chef Pierpaolo Giorgio e della sua brigata. Un menu stagionale, con proposte variegate e rigorosamente a base di pasta, fa di Sea Front Di Martino Pasta Bar il luogo ideale per una cena sofisticata, ma anche per un pranzo veloce, da concedersi da soli o in compagnia. E' preferibile prenotare.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My partner and I visited the Sea Front Pasta Bar earlier in the year and had a great meal here! We opted for the chef's choice tasting menu which we thought was really good value for money (we are used to London prices!!).

The food was delicious and the complimentary courses were a lovely touch - we were given a box of beautiful desserts to take with us after our meal. We also love counter top eating where you can watch the chefs so the set up of the restaurant was great for us! The wine pairings we had with our food were also great and we appreciated the waiter talking us through each course and wine.

I only have 2 negative comments to make on our meal. The first is that when we were given menu's when we first sat down, I couldn't see any prices on my menu so asked the waiter to explain what the cost difference was between each tasting menu. It was then that my boyfriend told me he had a menu with prices and the waiter told me 'it's because the man should pay'. Being a millennial from London, I found this quite shocking and it did offend me slightly. Without sounding patronising,I understand that Italy still has many traditional views and it definitely wasn't meant to offend me, but in this day and age that kind of presumption will probably rub quite a few people up the wrong way so I would hope they re-think this. It's 2019 and women can pay for their own meals! To make a point, I actually paid for the whole meal myself which my boyfriend was very pleased about ;)

The only other negative comment I can find is that the chef's tasting menu felt slightly repetitive. It was the cheapest available so we probably got the cheapest ingredients which meant that all the dishes were quite samey. I love any and all pasta though so it's not a huge complaint!

The shop downstairs underneath the restaurant is AMAZING and sells bespoke Dolce & Gabbana pasta related goods. I could have spent A LOT of money in there!

I hope to visit again in the future :)

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Chloe H
Write a reviewReviews (335)

Reviewed August 8, 2019

This is a fantastic restaurant for pasta that you must visit in Naples. We came as a family of 4 and sat at the bar so we could watch the chefs at work. We all selected the 5 course tasting menu. I had it with matching wines while the others chose their own drinks.

Whilst deciding what to eat, my daughter had two dishes that she wanted to try. The 5 course tasting menu is usually chosen by the chefs but they said my daughter could make 2 choices and the chef would make the others. We agreed that the pasta dishes here were the best we had ever had. The wines which they paired for me were also excellent. The meal was made a great experience because the ambience was wonderful and the chefs and the staff were so friendly and fun to be with. The restaurant is small with only a few diners so it is a warm and cosy environment.

I highly recommend this restaurant and will certainly go again next time I'm in Naples. My only problem was not realising that they had not included any service charge on the bill. With all the wine I did not notice and will have to rectify that next time as it was certainly deserved.

1  Thank baoshijie
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

We enjoyed the small and intimate atmosphere and the dishes were extremely well cooked. Staff was super friendly and it made for a unique dining experience in Naples.

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

Well worth a visit if you are in Naples! We had the 5 course chef menu with vine package. The service was on top and the food was amazing! Thank you for the best dinner on our Italy vacation!

Reviewed August 4, 2019 via mobile

We got the first reservation of the day- right at 12:30. What a great decision! We had the whole place to ourselves for the first hour of our visit. Each dish was incredibly delicious and they were very kind about making some adjustments so the tasting menu could be vegetarian. The wait staff was absolutely delightful. If you decide to splurge on a meal while visiting Napoli, definitely make it this one.

1  Thank kate6410