“brilliant value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizzeria Vesi

Pizzeria Vesi
Ranked #266 of 2,794 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Pendino
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“brilliant value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

the best value and most delicious pizzas in Naples! the amount of toppings that you get for your money is excellent! We went for the specials which did cost slightly more than surrounding pizzarias but worth every penny

Visited September 2012

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“Quick service, solid pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Not the best location in town, but definitely excellent pizza. Service was nothing in particular as seems to be the general case in Naples.

Would recommend the place for a quick lunch, the pizza really is good as also proven by the awards on the walls.

San Diego
“Good basic Pizza Napolitana”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

Fond myself walking down the Spacanapoli after finding that my one of my old favorites was inexplicably closed for the day. It was a little before 1300 and I heard the sound of locals at lunch. Very different from the other places I had passed with lots of English and German. This usually translates into good or cheap, sometimes both! I'm in! found a table before the place filled up. Ordered a simple pizza and a beer. Pizza was well priced, beer wasn't, oh well. Watched the wizard of the oven do his work while choosing from the broad pizza menu, promising. Service was a little sketchy, waitress got frustrated easily and showed it. Better be ready when she comes around or you may not see her for 10 minutes. Luckily, I was ready when the beer got to the table. Pizza arrived quickly, and it was the expected thin crusted with puffy edges that no one seems to be able to recreate outside of Naples. Taste was spot on with the right amount of topping and perfect for one person. When I finished, people were waiting for places and hovering near the table with encouragement from the waitress. This was the difference between a 3 and a 4 rating. Felt like I was back in the USA being pressed to finish up and allow for another sale. So bottom line is food 5, service bearable, but just.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Travelincharlie3
Boulder
“Excellent pizza in our case”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I went to Vesi because on Sunday Sobrillo was closed. It turned out, after going to Sobrillo the next day, that we preferred Vesi. We have read the mixed reviews. All we can say is that my husband's marina was wonderful as was my romana. My romana had excellent anchovies, and the ratio of tomato to mozzarella was terrific. I thought then that it was the best pizza I have had in my life.
The local wine was also better at Vesi though they were out of half bottles so we had to buy a full one (10e).
We had an issue with the service. After sitting at one of the 8 tables in our upstairs room and ordering the drinks, one of the waiters came over, pointed and motioned for us to get up. There was a large family that he wanted to push tables together for. We were a little appalled but actually did not mind helping out. Until we found out where he put us. There were no tables left except a little tiny one up on its own little floor in the dark. I will say that I had a talk with the waiter about this, how it was done etc, and he seemed genuinely taken aback and contrite.
I would go back there to get the marinara and romana. I did not see how they prepare the mushrooms for pizza, so in a sense it is hard to compare Sobrillo with Vesi (See my review for Sobrillo.)

• Visited April 2012
Budapest, Hungary
“Pretty lousy PIzza's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Nothing particular to say, the pizza's did not taste very well and the wine was worse.. preety cheap though

Visited December 2011