Unless you are one of those people that absolutely must have someone always on hand to wipe you clean, you have a good chance of enjoying this hotel. Perhaps there were staff problems with this hotel at some point in the past; but from what we saw, this place is beautiful and filled with courteous and helpful staff.
- very nicely appointed
- very modern
- extremely comfortable bed
- good location for port travel
- friendly and courteous staff
Cons (and these are a stretch):
- the view is nice for Naples... unfortunately, Naples just isn't very pretty (sorry!)
- the shower is a little complicated but you'll figure it out if you keep at it
- the room is appropriately sized for a city hotel (i.e. not particularly large)
You have to really nitpick to find things to complain about with this hotel.
If you've booked 2 weeks of vacation in Naples, you've already made a mistake. You've come to this part of Italy in order to see Capri, Ischia, Pompeii, and/or the Amalfi Coast. You've come to Naples specifically because there is an international airport and a ferry port and Naples just happens to be in close proximity to all of these places. That being said, the Hotel Romeo is a gem within the visibly troubled economic infrastructure of Naples. If you have just arrived in Italy and are disappointed that this isn't the Italy of your dreams, I would suggest that you NOT do the following:
- demand that the hotel staff wash the graffiti off the buildings outside the hotel
- demand that the staff move the shipping containers off the docks so you have a clear view of the Mediterranean
You will probably not get high fives from the staff for pointing out the problems with Naples.
Enjoy the hotel while you're here. It is really nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designed by the famous Japanese architect Kenzo Tange & Associates from Tokyo, Romeo hotel is the perfect balance of modern design, contemporary art and antiques expressed in the highest quality “Made in Italy”. 83 luxury accommodations, an amazing rooftop pool and a 10,000 sq ft luxury SPA, for a memorable experience of luxury and bliss. Romeo hotel’s gastronomic offer includes a refined Sushi Bar & Restaurant in the lobby area and the Michelin Star awarded gourmet restaurant Il Comandante on the 10th floor. An authentic luxury experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, MrandMrsSmith, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Romeo Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romeo Hotel Naples