“Handy for Amalfi coast ferry transfers”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Romeo Hotel

Romeo Hotel
Ranked #13 of 190 Hotels in Naples
Adelaide
“Handy for Amalfi coast ferry transfers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I only stayed in this hotel for one night as a recovery from a long haul flight and then to journey to Sorrento the next morning. It was difficult to get to from Napoli Centrale (granted I was abducted by a supposed "taxi" driver who then tried to charge me 70 Euros for the 5 minute journey) but very nice and modern inside. The view was certainly nothing great, just overlooking dirty shipping yards. The room was standard in size for a 5 star hotel, with good facilities. The wifi was included which was nice. The minibar however was one of those nasty electronic ones where even if you touch something, they charge you. It served it's purpose for me, as took me all of 5 minutes to get to the Ferry terminal in the morning.
Overall, nothing outstanding, but served it's purpose for what I needed it for

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BmitchAdelaide
GeneralManager_Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dear Bmitch Adelaide,
Thank you for choosing Romeo Hotel.

Yes, our guests can easily reach many fantastic destinations from our hotel.

I am sorry you did not have much time to completely visit our Hotel, I ensure you that one day is not enough to discover everything. Next time you will be at our property as our valued guest, ask for me and I will be at your disposal to illustrate our magnificent Hotel.

See you soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Luxembourg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

i choose this hotel because they had a fitness room. in fact they have but even as a hotel guest you have to pay 20 euros for every use of the fitness center!! their swimmingpool is so small that you can't even try to swim in it!

2 Thank marysehansen
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Tiffany Qualin,
thank you for your review.
Our pool, located at the ninth floor, is not a big pool; indeed, we describe it on our website as a pool and not a swimming pool.
Regarding the fitness centre, I am taking into consideration your comments and I am going to apply a new policy for 2013.
I hope to see you soon.
Vista, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was my first trip to Naples and after reading the reviews honestly I did not expect much. I wanted to stay somewhere nice so I spent the extra and booked Hotel Romeo on Hotels.com. Upon arrival at the airport it was very convenient to get transportation to the hotel. It was about 40 euros which seemed pricey but that was the case my entire trip. Once at the hotel the staff was extremely welcoming. The location in my opinion is ideal for travel throughout Naples as well as being close to the train station. You can go see Pompeii, hop on the tourist trolley, and take the train to really enjoy your stay in Italy. The room was very modern and refreshing. The entire side of my room was window glass and with the button press option you can simply roll over while in bed and open the view to the harbor. They had mirror glass behind the bed, a scale for weight measurement in the bathroom, robes and other amenities not expressed in the ad. The upstairs pool is very small and the shading isn’t always ideal if you’re going for a tan, just go early. The drinks are expensive but the view is still beautiful. It is a small pool area but the waiters are nice, you will have to go inside to the bar to order. The hotel itself is beautiful, very modern and the bed is amazingly comfortable (similar to the Hilton). There is a coffee shop out of the hotel onto the right, very close. Also, a really good Italian restaurant, a Chinese restaurant is located down the first alley way to the right. Across the street there is huge mall type building where you can buy clothes and souvenirs. The tour bus and other tourists places are all located in the area across the street. I met a really cool couple from the Nederland’s and had drinks while we were touring Naples on the bus. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The staff, location, and amenities are very nice. One thing I would recommend is to separate the spa pricing from the gym. 18 or 20 euros (I can’t remember) is too expensive to pay everyday if you just want to go for a run. I would expect to see this type of hotel in Dubai but in Naples it was a refreshing surprise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank TiffanyQualin
Dear Tiffany Qualin,
thank you for your kind review.
Yes, it is true! Several people had your same impression . Maybe it is the reason why may of our guests come from Arabia and Dubai as well.
See you soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Most modern, clean and affordable hotel of our entire trip - even though for only 1 night. Don't know where the previous "mafia feel" review came from. The hotel staff we ran into were anything but. My wife was actually disbelieving at how affordable the room was considering its amenities. We also had a flight we had to leave at 430AM for and our checkout process was quick, painless and polite.

The port area is less than spectacular, however nothing worse than Canal St in New York City. We picked the hotel since it was the closest to Molo (Port) Beverello and the ferry from Capri. Me and my wife were able to walk the two blocks from the ferry to the hotel with 2 suitcases at around 8PM with no issues. It might not be as comfortable at 11PM, but the same would apply anywhere else in Naples. If you're coming or going to Capri from the ferry I would highly recommend this hotel.

7 Thank Domain123
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Domain123,
thank you for your review! We are very glad that you spent a memorable stay at the Romeo and you had the opportunity to appreciate our 5 star services.
I hope you will come back again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Just spent 3 unforgettable nights in the mesmerising city of Naples where we enjoyed a FABULOUS stay at the Romeo Hotel. We couldn't have been more pleased with our choice! This has been one of our most memorable holidays ever and we are very much indebted to the wonderful hotel staff who helped to make our trip what it was. More on this below. In addition to being a summer holiday, my wife and I were also celebrating our wedding anniversary. So, it was important that the hotel and our entire trip be extra special and romantic - which it most certainly was.

HIGHLIGHTS:

- Excellent location - the hotel was ideally located for everything we wanted to do during our limited time in Naples. We were able to visit many places by foot and when traveling by taxi, it never took more than a few minutes.
- Friendly and VERY helpful staff (more on this below)
- Gorgeous interior, immaculate room and beautiful art
- Lives up to its reputation as being one of the best luxury hotels in the world: the quality of everything in the hotel is top notch. You will feel absolutely spoilt as soon as you arrive - as it should be in an Italian luxury hotel!

***LOCATION***
Being that the hotel is so close to the port, we were able to catch an early morning ferry to Capri, where we had an unforgettable day trip. When we returned in the evening, it took us no more than 5 minutes to get back into our room at the Romeo, giving us enough time to shower, get dressed, and enjoy a romantic dinner in the hotel's rooftop restaurant.

*** NOTE: One of the best parts of our trip was having dinner OUTSIDE ON THE TERRACE. I don't know why the previous reviewer said that they were told that the hotel doesn't serve food outside. It most certainly does! My wife and I had one of the most romantic dinners of our lives on the hotel's rooftop terrace. The view and ambience were magical (view of Vesuvius, the bay of Naples with Capri in the distance, and as the sun went down, the coastal area of the city lit up). The food was excellent - we had sushi, tempura and cocktails made with sake!

The mixture of people at the restaurant was varied. When we first arrived, there seemed to be more tourists. Then, later in the evening, it seemed that more locals arrived. We enjoyed seeing such a beautiful mix of people and getting a glimpse of a very international crowd.

***SERVICE***
Our whole experience was simply magnificent. There is so much of the city that we wanted to explore, but we believe it was worth spending a day venturing to Capri. During our two other days, we had to be very strategic with how we spent our time. So, as suggested by other reviewers, we utilised the expertise of the hotel staff for recommendations on where to go for nearly everything and the best ways to get there! They didn't steer us wrong once. The concierge and entire staff were lifesavers! I think that we asked nearly every single person there for tips! From the waiter, front desk clerk, bartender… but everyone seemed happy to share some tips and excited for us tourists to see the best of their city.

*NOTE: My wife and I just read a previous reviewer's comments about the staff, but during our 4 days there (3 nights), we never experienced any such behaviour. It seems rather odd, but we can only report on our own personal experience. The service we experienced was excellent, on par of what one would expect at a 5 star hotel. We are world travellers, so we have high expectations.

With the hotel staff's brilliant tips, and help with transportation when needed, we can say that we: ate the best pizza on the planet, sipped the best coffee/espresso we have ever had, enjoyed aperitivi with locals, viewed some of the most magnificent architecture in Western Europe, visited the inside of the oldest running opera house in Europe, enjoyed a private walking tour of the historic centre of Naples, strolled along a postcard-perfect sea side promenade, and watched the sunset while enjoying panoramic views over the Bay of Naples and Mt. Vesuvius.

This was a truly memorable holiday and we hope to be back again soon. Will definitely stay at the Romeo Hotel again, as there is much more that we have yet to see.

*NOTE: If you want to eat outside, make a reservation in advance. We booked our table when we booked the hotel (we called to hotel to confirm our booking, then asked to book dinner). We were there on a Saturday night for dinner and on a Thursday and Friday night for cocktails.

6 Thank Gary R
Dear Gary R,
the staff of Romeo hotel appreciated your review and we have elected you as “client of the year”!
We are waiting for you so that you can collect your plaque.
See you soon.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Of our three week vacation in Europe's finest five star hotels, Romeo Hotel ranked last and should not be selling themselves as a five star hotel.

The hotel room and lobby had a "five" star look but service was less than "one" star.

ROOM:

***Booked a suite and upon entrance, was impressed -super modern however, functionality was not sufficient.
*****Computer in room did not work
*****Room safe would not open once locked
*****Bathroom lights are automatic upon entering, however, in the middle of the night, you do not want a bright light shining down on you.
*****Shower was turned on and "mud" like water poured down for a good 15 minutes prior to clearing up - this was "very dark colored" mud water that pooled on the floor - not what you want on a travel day that will last 24 hours.

HOTEL RESTAURANT ON TOP FLOOR:
******My wife and I wanted a nice dinner, so we arrived at the restaurant to find it virtually empty but we were unable to "secure" a table as they were all booked with locals for later in the night.
******We asked if we could eat in the drink area but were informed that that area was only for drinks, again, this place was EMPTY!
*****We then asked if we could be served dinner outside in a very casual setting. The response "We do not serve food outside".
*****We then proceeded downstairs to complain to management who suggested that he could arrange a reservation at a local restaurant - Thanks but No thanks!

DEPARTURE:
****We were leaving hotel about 4:30am for an early flight but the front doors were locked and the on-sight manager would not open the doors. I am very upset at this time and provided him a few choices. Lucky for him, he choose correctly and opened the door.
****Upon departing with our children in the taxi, we encountered several prostitutes walking nearby.

SERVICE:

****Less than "1" star
****When staff does not want to deal with you, they conveniently don't understand English.

All of this in our two night stay.

I would recommend staying at the nice hotels in Sorrento.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Michael M
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Michael M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments. I apologize for not responding sooner, however, I was checking our records and with our staff in order to address your concerns and was unable to uncover information about your reported experience. Regarding your comment about the hotel having a "mafia feel", I am sorry, but I am confused as to what you mean by this statement, so am not sure how to respond. We are 5 star luxury hotel and certainly have nothing to do with the mafia.
Please know that customer service is a top priority for us and we appreciate any and all feedback that we receive, which we use to continually improve our service and guest experience.
Best Regards.
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Just returned from a long weekend in Naples. What can I say? It was sad to have to leave… The Romeo Hotel was an excellent choice. My girlfriend absolutely loved the hotel, which is very modern and high quality. It was fun seeing her so impressed! We also got to enjoy the many amenities of the hotel, which was a huge plus given that we had our moments of wanting to just relax.

We enjoyed the rooftop pool and never had a problem with it being too crowded (we always arrived in the mid morning, around 10:30). First, we had a fabulous breakfast, which was included in our package deal. Then, we'd head to the rooftop pool for sound lounging. Then, we would venture out.

The highlight of our stay was a private boat tour of Capri. Yes! Private tour. This was surprisingly affordable. The hotel concierge suggested this to us. Apparently, they have connections with private boat and tour operators. So, instead of taking a ferry to Capri, we had a small boat with skipper who took us all the way to Capri and then did a tour around the island. BRILLIANT. I cannot express just how amazing this experience was.

If you plan on visiting Naples, I highly recommend the Romeo Hotel. The hotel has amenity that you need, which you will certainly welcome while in the city. From the best wifi I have ever used in Italy, to the highly attentive staff, the excellent suggestions you will receive from the concierge, great deals on boat tours (not to mention the hotel is 2 minutes from the port), excellent location, fabulous dining options, and the most comfortable beds and rooms.

Although I did not visit the spa, my girlfriend did and said that it was the nicest spa she has ever been to (and she is not easily impressed). In fact, she is already thinking about planning a trip back! She also made an effort to be extra friendly with the staff, so I think she made some new friends.

Highly recommend this hotel!

Final comment: Not sure why some other reviewers have mad negative comments about the staff. I find that a bit odd, as everyone that we encountered during our stay were very friendly, helpful, spoke English, and gave us brilliant tips and advice. I should mention, however, that my girlfriend and I always were friendly with the staff as well. We were obviously in such a great mood to be on holiday! Our advice: Do not be too timid to start conversations with the staff. They are happy to talk about their city and will give you great tips that you will not find in any guidebook, that is for certain!

7 Thank Brian L
, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Dear Brian L,
Thank you very much from the entire staff of Romeo hotel! We really appreciate your special review.
Everyday and with every client we do our best to assure them a memorable stay in Naples.
We will be very glad to welcome you again at the Romeo. So, see you soon!