“young and stylish”

Romeo Hotel
Ranked #15 of 186 Hotels in Naples
“young and stylish”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

spent 2 nights in this really hip place on the waterfront, facing the main Cruiseship embarkment. Had a wonderful view on the harbour, spacious and functional well designed room with a fixed shower stall. Very good bedding, Breakfast is served on the 10th floor with stunning views, small pool deck on the 9th floor, didn't have time to use the gym in the basement. Staff very helpfull and smiling. Young and stylish crowd

Room Tip: 311 large room overlooking the harbour
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2011

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Afriend and I stayed in the hotel for a weekend. It was a great expereience. The hotel is spacious and has a slick decor. Considering the rest of the Neapolitan population, the staff was very friendly and attentive. They responded to our special requests (such as charging my ipad) with a smile and were attentive. The cigar/TV room is a cool palce to hang out and meet with other guests, which doesn't exist in any other hotel I have been to in Europe. They had warned us that the area around the hotel can be a little rough, but we just took cabs everywhere and did not feel in danger. All in all, it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Definitely choose a room with a harbor/Vesuvius view...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Romeo Team for your enthusiastic review. We really appreciate your kind words! It has been a pleasure for us to have you as our Guests and to hear that you were satisfied with our service. Looking forward to welcoming you again at our wonderful property in the near future, I remain,

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 8, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Romeo Hotel for one night on 12 September. The room was beautifully appointed, very clean and comfortable. There are nice views of the harbour and out to the ocean. Check in was smooth. After a long day coming in from Florence and sight-seeing at Pompeii and Vesuvius, we decided to dine at the restaurant on the upper floor. It again had beautiful views and the food was alright but the staff were a little surly and the service was slow. Just watch out receiving things you don't order because you will be charged for it. We were presented with 2 glasses of chardonnay at the start of our meals and were told that it came with the entrees. We should have sent them back because we ended up being charged for them.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for your review.
I do apologize for the inconvenience that took place during your stay at the Romeo hotel and I recognize that some misunderstandings have occurred.
We would be glad to have you as our Guest in the near future and send you warmest regards.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed at the Romeo Hotel on our first leg of our honeymoon before setting off to Ischia, Capri and the Amalfi coast and it was the perfect start.

The hotel is located directly and conveniently near the port and the castle and is an immaculately well run design hotel that matches any of style in London, New York, Paris and Milano.

We were greeted by a very friendly front office staff, exceptionally well groomed, who handled our check in perfectly and gave us some great dinner recommendations.
The room was to a very high design spec, extremely clean and had a very elegant feel to it. The bed was very comfortable and the duvet, pillow and bed sheet were extremely soft and of highest quality.

The breakfast was exceptional with a wide variety of local produce as well a generous selection of continental delights, complimentary prosecco was also offered. If you have a chance, try the baby mozzarella cheese and local tomatoes - divine!

The other facilities such as gym, pool and wellness are to an exceptional spec and well maintained. They are in line with the entire hotel and designed to a modern Italian style. Even the vanity kit including soap, shampoo and other products are designed in a Romeo design and have a real quality feel to them. In fact, they were so good I tried buying them in London (where we live) and after finding out they were especially formulated for the Romeo Hotel I asked the hotel directly if I can purchase the product.
After a polite email to the hotel management enquiring about the product, I received an answer back from a lady called Antonella who was so kind and helpful she offered to send me some free of charge. I was simply amazed by the level of service and commitment towards their customers beyond the actual stay - what a hotel!

Overall it was the perfect start to our honeymoon. You can feel it is a real design hotel as opposed to a hotel to tries to be and fails at it. From the furniture in the lobby, the spec of the room, spa and dining area, every minute details has been thought of. It must have cost a fortune to kit out this place but from a customer point of view was worth it - obviously depending on taste. Nevertheless the pure quality of the hotel and level of service should persuade everybody to stay at this great world class hotel.

We are two very happy and content customers and will come back for more!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BJWTraveller
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Romeo Team for your enthusiastic review: we really appreciate your kind words! It has been a pleasure for us to have you as our Guest and to hear that you were satisfied with our service. Looking forward to welcoming you again at our wonderful property in the near future, I remain,

NY NY
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Romeo Hotel for one night. We chose the hotel because of its location, which really is right across from the port.
Overall, we have no major complaints-- the room was spacious, clean, and comfortable.
We were really excited to find a bottle of champagne on ice waiting for us in the room after dinner. We popped the bottle, enjoyed the champagne, and went to sleep. Sometime, and I have no idea at what time because I was asleep, the phone rang. I answered it and it was reception-- they were calling to tell us that the champagne they left in our room was not for us. I told them we had already drank it, and that we were in bed and I basically hung up. A few minutes later, there was knocking on the door. I didn't get up to answer it....

The next morning, when we checked out, they tried to charge us for the champagne! I told them that it was their mistake and we shouldn't be charged. They said that the maid who did the turn down service said that champagne was unopened when she did turn down, so they accused us of drinking it AFTER reception had called, which was totally ridiculous. I was working into full argument mode, but they called a manager over who agreed to remove the charge.

My husband and I aren't sure if this was a trick or an honest mistake. Either way, if you find a mystery bottle of something in your room, it might be a good idea to call down.

Breakfast at the hotel was great!

Room Tip: Corner Studios are huge!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

I wish to thank you for your review.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed at the Romeo Hotel for 4 nights during July. It is based very near the port & convenient to walk from the last airport bus stop (about 10-15 minutes) & for the ferries to Capri. Not situated in the prettiest part of the city, but does border a very nice area a short walk away.

The hotel is very modern, with some impressive artwork & ornaments around the hotel. The foyer was undergoing maintenance while we were there, so was fairly hot & stuffy, but I'd expect this will have been fixed. Reception staff were friendly & helpful - providing us with assistance for timetables for ferries & trains and recommendations for local restaurants including making bookings if required.

It was my husband's birthday so in advance of our stay I had contacted the hotel to make a reservation for dinner at their restaurant, which came highly recommended (and I would recommend). The staff were helpful in making this reservation, athough there was probably no need to book as the restaurant was fairly quiet on the night. We both had the meat tasting menu, which was innovative using excellent quality ingredients. Quite a surprise meal, as we'd met a couple earlier who tried to discouraged us from eating at the restaurant.

Prior to dinner we had drinks on the terrace area near the pool (which is quite small in size). Unfortunately, the drinks were very overpriced - 22 euros for two gin & tonics is excessive, even if accompanied by some snacks. We would have gladly had more drinks here during our visit as the view of Mt Vesuvius was fantastic, however not at these prices!

The rooms are well sized with all the mod cons. We needed to ask how to use the shower, as the quirkiness defeated us both! The only annoyance was the inability to put your own drinks to chill in the fridge, as they have installed fridges with automatic sensors to charge products to your room account when removed.

Overall, a well positioned hotel to visit Naples.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
glasgow
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I concluded our holiday on the Amalfi Coast by a stay at the Romeo. (We stayed in the Grand Hotel La Favorita Sorrento ,lovely and central, The Luna in Capri stunning views and Romeo. By contrast the Romeo reminds me of a Miami South Beach hotel (yes been there )except no beach . Modern with stunning architecture and art. The hotel is literally less than 10 mins from the port (we travelled by SNAV from Capri) It was perfectly safe to walk to the hotel .The entrance is impressive, the staff very helpful and friendly (don't understand other reviews) Loved the lifts .The rooms are great with plenty of gadgets ,you need a degree to master the shower but once done easy We had a deluxe room overlooking the port ,great for watching all the cruise ships coming and going.The restaurant is stunning again very modern. The food was good in terms of flavour and portions. The wine list is extensive . Again staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is a buffet but plentiful. The pool is more a large plunge pool but given we were the only people sitting enjoying the view it was great .It was good to have the old fashioned touches too , ie chocolates at night , bathrobes and slippers , complimentary water.My husband is a smoker the plus for him was a smoking room with comfy seats and tv etc ,had to drag him out ,he hopes other hotels will copy the idea. Now the area. Yes its at the port and yes there are a few beggars around including many people of African origin selling fake bags to the cruise folk, however having been around many european and world cities its no different. We walked and ate nearby ,the Castle is a 10 min walk over busy roads however not as life threatening as Bangkok ,You get the hop on hop off bus at the Castle ,4 routes ,24hour tickets. If you keep walking you come to one of the lovliest shopping piazzas with great coffee shops and gelato. If we ever visit Naples again we will definately return to the Romoe..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Hotel-Manager-Romeo, Direttore generale at Romeo Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Romeo Team for your enthusiastic review: We really appreciate your kind words! It has been a pleasure for us to have you and your husband as our Guests and to hear that you were satisfied with our service. Looking forward to welcoming you again at our wonderful property in the near future, I remain,