Welcome inn
Romeo Hotel(Naples)
$422
$407
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The staff at the Welcome Inn were so helpful and nice, and the free weekly pasta party that was happening upon our arrival was perfect after a long day of travel. The hostel was quite clean, and had a lot of personality, so my friend and I were pleased as we settled into bed that night. However, I could feel bugs crawling on my face all night. I thought I was imagining it until the next morning when I saw bedbugs crawling on my sheets. My friend and I had hundreds of bites all over our bodies the next day, and even though we switched beds and sheets the second night and only slept for about two hours, we were eaten alive yet again. The staff seemed really apologetic about it but it was truly traumatizing, and it is clear that they have a serious infestation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Helen L
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We had a lot of fun here. The staff were very helpful with directions and participating in the fun. The room was not one of the best we've stayed in and had one of the worst bathrooms i've used - no toilet seat. We later found out this was an exception rather than the rule.

The hostel had good cooking facilities, booze on supply and a decent common area although only one computer. We stayed here for one night only because we wanted to see Pompeii but if i did it again i would just skip Naples altogether, it's not the nicest city. Great pizza however.

If you do stay I think there are a couple around but going by what we had experienced so far this wasn't bad for the price. Just wear thongs in the shower.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2011

When my mom and I first arrived in Naples, I felt a little guilty for bringing her there. Our first impression of the city was not very good, and when we got out of the train station we were a little nervous about what the hostel would look like. When we got to the area where it was located, it wasn't immediately clear that we were in the right place, but as soon as we got behind the big green door that they describe on their website, we felt sooooo much better about our Naples experience. The hostel was very welcoming, brightly colored, and our room was perfectly comfortable with our own bathroom and comfortable bed. It even had free internet. The man at the desk gave us a map of the city, and pointed out some sights that we didn't know about (we came to Naples with the intention of seeing Pompeii). We ended up walking down by the sea, seeing a beautiful castle, and drinking wine in a cafe with a mountain view. Overall, great experience, and would definitely recommend.

I'm also pretty certain that there is breakfast included, but unfortunately we were unable to take advantage of it due to an 8AM flight...

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pagelise
Reviewed February 19, 2011

Welcome Inn hostel is situated in the centre of Naples and even if it's a little difficult to find it, it is totally worth it. The rooms are nice and clean, the common area is very cozy, the kitchen has everything you need and the staff is nice. Free wifi internet and a pc in the lounge!
Great place to choose if you travel on your own or with a bunch of friends, I totally recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank anktudy
Reviewed December 15, 2010

We stayed at the Welcome Inn last week during a 4 night break in Naples. Was pretty hard to find the hostel as it lies behind a big industrial style green door. But once behind the door, you're transported to a different world. A beautiful old palazzo with a central courtyard houses the hostel amonsgt other residences and offices. Our room was on the floor above the hostel and we had our own entrance. The room wasn't just an ensuite double, but more of a studio appartment, with living space and s kitchen. Very clean, spacious and we had a balcony overlooking the National Arceological Museum. Was in a really good location, 5-10 min walk to Centro Storico and some fab restaurants. The metro and museum is a stonesthrow away. Davido, the hostel manager was really lovely and helpful, gave some good recommendation and suggestions. Would defo recommend.

• Stayed: December 2010