“Great lunch spot near the arch. museum” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Cantina di Via Sapienza

La Cantina di Via Sapienza
Reserve with
La Cantina di Via Sapienza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #328 of 2,765 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Pendino
New York City, New York
“Great lunch spot near the arch. museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

I read about this on a food blog and thought I would try it. It is in the historic center and open for lunch only. When we arrived they had a near full house but were able to seat us right away (it probably seats 30-35 max). About five minutes later a line was forming. They had a menu with about 5 options for each course and the sides all looked really good. The waiter was very nice and attentive. I had gnocchi di sorrentina and my friend started with a cabbage risotto. I next had meatballs in sauce and my friend had an eggplant dish. These seemed to be the most popular dishes being served. The gnocchi had a great tangy sauce and the cheese was nice and the fried meatballs were very tasty. My friend loved his risotto and eggplant dishes. They serve an inexpensive local wine. I believe we paid about 14 euro each. Don't go too late or you will have to wait for a seat. We got there around 1. (There are two records for this restaurant in TA with slightly different names. They are the same. I just realized this and posted here again, where the name is correct.)

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank KellyC

Toronto, Canada
“Utterly charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

What a great place. It's not fancy but it seems totally authentic. Didn't hear a word of english there, only italian. Simple rustic peasant cooking, and very nicely done, too. Everyone who works there was so friendly. A nice place to spend part of the afternoon.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tucked away but superb - great food and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

It gets really busy at lunch time so it's worth going in early. We nearly missed it because it looked closed (not the usual open front door that most places have). It's quite modestly furnished. The staff are friendly and helpful (i.e. sympathetic to non-Italian speakers). The menu was very inexpensive and the food was really good - so much so that we went back again on our last day to ensure we wouldn't get a disappointing meal.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank bwillox
New York City, New York
“Great lunch only spot in the historic center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2010

I read about this on a food blog and thought I would try it. It is in the historic center and open for lunch only. When we arrived they had a near full house but were able to seat us right away (it probably seats 30-35 max). About five minutes later a line was forming. They had a menu with about 5 options for each course and the sides all looked really good. The waiter was very nice and attentive. I had gnocchi di sorrento and my friend started with a cabbage risotto. I next had meatballs in sauce and my friend had an eggplant dish. These seemed to be the most popular dishes being served. The gnocchi had a great tangy sauce and the cheese was nice and the fried meatballs were very tasty. My friend loved his risotto and eggplant dishes. They serve an inexpensive local wine. I believe we paid about 14 euro each. Don't go too late or you will have to wait for a seat. We got there around 1.

1 Thank KellyC