“Good pizza, but not the best in Vomero”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pizzeria Acunzo

Pizzeria Acunzo
Ranked #420 of 2,794 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Naples, Italy
“Good pizza, but not the best in Vomero”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I wanted to try Pizzeria Acunzo because I heard about their pizzas topped with pasta (unusual!). We went for lunch and got a table outside (it gets busy, so arrive by 1330 on a weekend). We never got the bottle of water we ordered, but the mozzarella antipasto was nice. They have 3 pizzas with pasta on them; we split a "Pulcinella," topped with mushrooms, cheese, and mezzanelli (like little ziti), and a 4 Gusti so we could try a more traditional pizza. The Pulcinella was like American Deep Dish meets Lasagna. It was OK, but since I am a fan of neither of these things I won't get it again. Acunzo has a huge variety of other pizzas on the menu I will go back and try someday, but for now my favorite pizzeria in Vomero remains Gorizia around the corner.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Rome, Italy
“A great pizza place in the heart of the Vomero section”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Historic pizza place where you are guaranteed an excellent neapolitan-style pizza. Recommended for sure

• Visited September 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Visited this pizzeria after getting off the furnicular in Vomero. Took a chance and we're happy we did. Pizza crust was chewy and beautifully made. First time I have ever seen little "handles" of crust all around the pizza.....seemed like it was decorative but made it more special. Big wood fired oven as well. Place is small and the tables are really close together but that didn't bother me.
Service was great and our waiter tried to communicate with us in English. Next time I would order the Ripieno (sort of like a calzone but much flatter, might be fried as well); saw one coming out of the oven on my way to the loo...stopped and asked the pizza chef what it was as it looked delicious...he went to the menu and pointed it out. Better than that horrible Gino Sorbillo pizza I had the next day!

• Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good , Clean, Sincere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Mid-evening pizza and a big salad were wonderful. (BTW Bad pizza is hard to come by in Naples!) Place is typical, not touristy. Low key, bright and fun. When we were there there was a family of four eating pizza, a large table of women that looked like they worked together and a young couple stealing kisses between bits of pizza. They also sell this interesting fruited gelato that comes wrapped up in parchment paper.

Visited June 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Best pizza I've ever tasted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

This is a charming pizzeria and served the best pizza I've ever tasted in my life. The staff were friendly and the owner, Michele, is absolutely gracious and delightful. My family and I are dreaming of the day when we can go back and enjoy.

• Visited June 2012