“A Neapolitan Milestone”

Ranked #773 of 3,137 Restaurants in Naples
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2012

If we are in Napoli, this is a must. Now with the closure of the "lungomare" is even more attractive.
The food is well presented and well prepared. The ingredient quality is consistent with the prices.
It is one of those places where I feel confortable the tell the waiter: go ahead send us whatever you want.

1  Thank kikiLosAngeles
Write a ReviewReviews (1,616)

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We had a great dinner at Zi Teresa at the start of our recent walking vacation. We were staying close by and had received the recommendation from the tour company and it was a great recommendation. Our food was great, the staff friendly and helpful - the language barrier was no problem at all. The location cannot be beaten - right on the water, looking over the fisherman's district. A great choice when in Naples

2  Thank SareyJ
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We've been dining here with regularity since the early seventies, in the sense that whenever we are in Naples we eat at least once here. I'm quite surprised to not find it listed in the list of reviewed Naples Restaurants. The restaurant is only open in the midday meal hours.....from around noon until around 6PM. The setting is magnificent.....in a small yacht harbor just across the Via Partenope from the "Hotel Row"..... the upscale hotels along the Naples waterfront. Many travelers think of this as a tourist restaurant, but quite honestly whenever I'm there, I see mostly if not exclusively local families and businessmen eating there. My wife and I ate there twice last week; once just wasn't enough. The service is thoroughly professional. A matte d'hotel supervises the wait staff and runs the operation like a well oiled machine. Waiters are in dinner jackets with ties...the dining is generally alfresco.....although you can sit inside if the weather doesn't suit you one way or another.....too cool.....too hot. There are plenty of shady spots.....a musician wanders about playing softly on a guitar/mandolin kind of instrument and singing, again, softly, various requested Italian ballads. This gentlemen puts no pressure on diners whatsoever.......it is very low key and very pleasant. All generations are seen here.....lots of kids and young familiesl, dating couples and seniors as well. The cooking is superb......whether you would like pasta, seafoods, meat, salads, vegetables......all fresh food.....done and served as it can only be done in the Region of Campagna.....seasoned and cooked perfectly often prepared and served up right at the table. The wine list includes many locally produced selections, and carafes of simple (and delicious) local house white wines are available at very reasonable prices (the Italian expressions are "della spina" or "di barrile", to describe wines from the barrel. When we lived in Naples in the early seventies and there was a greater American presence (Navy) in the city, many Americans used to dine here......but since the American Naval Support Activity has moved to some distance north of the city, that presence has greatly if not virtually completely diminished. It is just a great local restaurant.....high end......but we find that we can eat better at Zi Teresa for less or equal prices (even considering the exchange rates) as we can do in the US. And practically nowhere in the US is it possible to find the same quality of food, food preparation and service at any price, as is available at this venerable restaurant. I highly recommend Zi Teresa for a "Dolce Far Niente", pleasant afternoon in Napoli.

2  Thank Roy P
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I have eaten at this restaurant many times, as a child and as an adult. The food is excellent and the view is exceptional. Sit at a table down next to the water for the full effect. When I was a child, and the bay was a lot cleaner, one could bring fish to the surface by dropping bread crumbs on the water. This fascinated me as a child and permanently fixed the Zi Teresa in my memory as a pleasant experience. Don't go there just for the food, go as part of the total experience of touring Naples. That said, my favorites are the fried calamari, Zuppa Inglese, and flaming Sambuca with the floating coffee bean.

2  Thank Joe D
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Fantastic location just opposite of Castle dell Ovo in harbor of Naples. Besides of the location they served quite good local cuisine but the prices are a little bit to high. I think that we pay more for the location and the view then for the food.