“Do the Hustle”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Ferdinando
Description: I Re di Napoli was the first restaurant to open in Via Partenope, in 1994. You can find it just in front of the wonderful castle "Castel Dell'Ovo." We will serve you a wide variety of pizzas, pastas, fresh fish, seafood, salads and meats. WI-FI connection is free for all our guest (ask for password).
Los Angeles
“Do the Hustle”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were aiming for Antonio e Antonio on lively via Partenope, near our hotel. That restaurant is in two parts (which we didn't know at the time) and the amiable hustler for this place managed to intercept us and we were seated, not in the non-existent middle section of Antonio e Antonio, but at I Re Di Napoli. We really only wanted salads, having really overdone it on lunch and cocktail hour, so we figured it was easier to stay than awkwardly move to the very next table and the very next restaurant. Shoulda. The salads were OK. But after they were brought, we never saw our waiter again. Finally, after waiting 20 minutes trying to hail anyone - not even the hustler cared to notice us any longer because there were more tables to fill and more Antonio diners to way-lay - I went inside to ask for the check. This brought virtually half of Naples to attention and I was promised the check right away. We waited another five minutes or more. Check came and waiter took off. I went back inside to pay and now was told their machine doesn't accept US credit cards, but I could go with a waiter to another restaurant of theirs and complete the transaction there. I think not! So I paid cash. And the change came in a fistful of coins. It seems they don't do too well on paper money either. Come to think of it, they do quite poorly as an overall experience. BTW, both halves of Antonio were busy all evening and it just seemed that everyone there was having a much better overall experience.

• Visited May 2013
Roberto B, Proprietario at I Re Di Napoli, responded to this review, June 23, 2013

i am very sorry for your bad experience at I RE DI NAPOLI.

As new owners we need to tell you that the restaurant is under new management from the beginning of June 2013. Our target is to improve our service, our food and the look of our place. The new staff is working very hard to make it as soon as possible.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Tucson, Arizona
“Try next door!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Poor, unresponsive service. The food was alright but nothing special and not worth the visit. We ate at a restaurant next door previously and it was a superior experience. If you value each dining experience as I do, don't waste an opportunity here.

• Visited May 2013

Somerset, United Kingdom
“terrible pizzas”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Good service but the pizzas were terrible, very soggy dough most people were leaving all the crust and the soggy dough in the middle.Other dishes were ok

Visited January 2012

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed September 16, 2011

The restaurant is situated on the seafront alongside a number of others jostling for business and hawking people in.

We walked past most of the restaurants around here before deciding, and thanks to the novel idea of eating outside, we were able to deduce that this restaurant had the nicest looking pizza.

During my stay in Naples I went to both Sorbillo and Di Michele (which locals tell me are the best/most popular), and in my opinion the pizza in I Re Di Napoli was head and shoulders above both of those pizzerias.

I'm no expert mind. Just an opinion.

Visited September 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Hawked in, but actually very good”
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Spent one night in Naples, and walked the strip of restaurants. All seemed to pretty much offer the same sort of menu, and Re Di was the first that we got hawked into, so we went along with it. We a caprese salad and then mussels and sea bass. The food was surprisingly good, in fact the 'catch of the day' sea bass was among the best I ever had. Only downside is there is no proper bar, so drinks are limited to beer and wine - although they did find me a G&T! Total bill was about EURO75 for the two of us.

• Visited August 2011