“Very good pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Neighborhood: Mercato
Reviewed May 31, 2013

In May, 2013 my wife and I ate lunch at Trianon. It wasn't overly crowded at the time, the servers were friendly and attentive. Yes, the beer came in a bottle with a plastic cup, but the beer was cold and the pizza delicious. I honestly didn't think twice about the cup. The waiter gave us a little book with the story of Trianon and a built in map of Naples.

1  Thank Brad J
There are newer reviews for Trianon da Ciro

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Followed a guide book here and found pizza NOT one of the best. We were going across the street to a top ten place on TA but it was packed out the door so went in Trianon and got a table on second of three floors. Sever brought menus, took order and returned with the beer and plastic cups. Pizza followed but lacked any basil so back to kitchen first.

Well we began sharing the large pizza and found the mozzarella de bufula to be tasteless and rubbery, not at all like Cafe Borone in Naples or the place we enjoyed in Rome. 15% service charge was automatic. Not that expensive , 1 beer 1 margherita pizza DOC 12.08e.

I would not recommend based on our lunch today.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you want to have a really good pizza and don't care to much about plastic cups, drink your beer out of the bottle or sit together with other people an long tables, then you should see this place.
We really enjoyed this restaurant!

1  Thank Hallo_everbody
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stopped here on our first day in Naples. The service wasn't that great and the seating upstairs has a cafeteria feel, but that is all forgiven when a very large pizza is presented before you!

Dig in and you'll never want to have pizza in any other country again! Seriously: It's that good.

While I haven't eaten at any other pizzeria in Italy to this point, I certainly wouldn't have any problems recommending this place to first-time visitors. And if there are better pizza places in Naples, then that means I need to go back and find them!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This pizzeria is just across the street from another landmark pizzeria, (pizzeria da Michele). I have been at the Trianon dozens of times over many years as I grew up in Naples. I regret to say that recently I found that the quality of the pizza is slightly inferior to what it used to be. At times the pizza is not cooked to perfection, not enough sauce or mozzarella for a perfect pizza, it feels like an assembly line pizzeria. Still it is one of the best places to eat pizza in Naples. The service is no frills, you share large tables with busy neapolitans and get your pizza in minutes. The menu is more elaborate than at Michele's and you can find a pizza for every taste. In spite of the shortcomings I never visit Naples without having a pizza at the Trianon. Their pizza is still one of the best. Note that the Trianon closes in the afternoon from 3 to 6 PM (for siesta).