Review Highlights
Great boat tour

We had fantastic time with this company, friendly staff and easy way to book the boat , highly... read more

Reviewed December 25, 2019
cliow749
great boat tour

We had a good time with this company , we did the tour of the island with captain Vincenzo a... read more

Reviewed September 28, 2019
holly8480
London, United Kingdom

All reviews hour tour company grottos driver dock island boat highlights
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

The boat was shoddy
The trip was boring
Really a dock and swim around capri- very little to see.
Boat skipper ok but slept every time we stopped.
No floats
No fun
We came back early .

Save your money

Date of experience: August 2019
3  Thank minnieinrichmond
Reviewed July 26, 2019

We booked a 3 hour tour around the island. We were met on time and shown to the boat. The driver was nice and knowledgable. We felt safe. Stopped at a few places to swim, saw the grottos, rocks and natural arch. Was 1 of the highlights of our whole trip to Italy. Definitely would recommend.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank kerilynsome
Reviewed July 8, 2019

We book in April, and less than 3 days before the trip, received a cancellation email from @vicenzo Capri Boats, given as a reason that we where 6, and the boat is only for 5. However, as you can see in the website it clearly shows the boat is up to 6 pasangers and when you do the booking it gives you the option up to 6. So we do not understand why our booking was really cancelled, with no enough time to make alternative arrangements. We are coming from Mexico traveling through the hole of Italy, with 4 teen-agers for whom this was.going to be the highlight of the trip. So thank you very much for the great costumer service (not) and the lack of reliability of your company.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed June 26, 2019 via mobile

A wonderful day around Capri and the Amalfi coast with captain Carmine , nice boat very clean and easy to book the boat for a good price !

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 14, 2019 via mobile

We used this company last year for a private boat tour and had a great experience. The driver offered to take our photos, provided beverages, and was enthusiastic. He provided great detail on the grottos and various land forms. Unfortunately, this year was a very disappointing experience.

We scheduled a private boat tour on a covered boat with a bathroom. The boat was exactly as advertised and very clean. However, everything was down hill from there. The driver never greeted us upon boarding the vessel and proceeded to drive for 15 minutes while using his phone with reading glasses. Because he was reading while driving, the rate of travel was very slow. In the hot Capri sun, this made it very uncomfortable. Upon inquiring as to if we could move a bit faster to pick up the air circulation and catch breeze, the driver introduced himself and then complained that if we moved faster, we’d burn more fuel and complete the trip around the island in 50 minutes. We said that was fine and he started to move after putting on his sunglasses.

Less than an hour into the trip, I inquired if we could return to a swimming area we visited the previous year that has a rocky, beach-like area where you can swim, get out of the water, climb rocks, and take pictures. The driver proceeded to scream at us and declare that he has “lived on Capri for 67 years.” I retorted that it was not a beach, but LIKE a beach covered in rocks. As compared to other areas on the coast line where getting out of the water is not possible, this area is a rare exception. He proceeded to have an attitude and act like an adult child the rest of the day, making our experience uncomfortable. He never once offered to take a photo or even offered the refreshments; we had to ask and complain of thirst before he took them out.

This company should start by training all drivers to greet guests when they get on board, have a positive attitude, offer to take pictures, and give the clients a brief tour of the location of things on the boat, like potable water. This driver this time was horrendous and upon providing this feedback to the staff on the pier, they proceeded to laugh and not realizing that I speak Italian, joke and rhetorically ask “why didn’t he ask him to take a photo?” Probably because we didn’t feel like being yelled at by an angry and mentally unstable captain. Steer clear of this company and go with one of the many other options on the island.

Date of experience: June 2019
6  Thank Bostontraveler122
VincenzoM192, Direttore generale at Vincenzo Capri Boats, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2019

Fortunately I can respond to these offenses against my company and my staff, personally if I should do a 4-hour tour where I am verbally offended I ask to go back, instead magically you did the 4 hours, you started again that there were no drinking offers when I personally found 22 empty cans !! You absolutely wanted to stop at the cave of the sailors where it was explained to you that the day before we were fined by the coast guard !!! I understand that since you paid for the tour you feel you are the master of the world and you want to tell us how to do our job, unfortunately we respect the laws !! Learn to respect older people like my captain and not allow yourself to mock him behind his back and let alone offend him while driving the boat just because he didn't stop in a forbidden area! I understand that you are an unhappy person who spends his life complaining, but we rent boats we are nobody's slaves! After all the offenses suffered via email and now on tripadvaisor I wish you all the best anyway and you can relax you are on vacation you did not leave for a war!