“Lunch on Capri..”

Ranked #37 of 120 Restaurants in Capri
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was recommended by the hotel..the food was good but pricey and the services needs some work. It was very uncomfortable as our waiter demonstrated, what I call a typical tourist attitude. I observed smiles and conversation with those customers that were italian but to those who were english speaking our waiter was rude and seemed to be put off that he was having to wait on us. This seems to be a common attitude I have experienced in several places and I have lived in Rome for a long time and know italian..I guess my lack of accent gives me away but at least I try and they don't although most can speak enough english to understand. I would not go back to this restauant and I will not recommend to anyone..to bad cause the food was good. But it is not just about the food...it's the whole experience.

1  Thank csgcello

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This restaurant was very disappointing. My sister and I were referred to this restaurant by a local who said it was the best around. It had charming atmosphere and hundreds of pictures of celebrities hung everywhere. However the food was mediocre at best; and the service was down right lousy. I guess you have to be a movie star to get good service. There were only two other tables with patrons and seven waiters just hanging around talking and taking their time. Not once did anyone come back to see if we needed anything. My second drink was overlooked. Very arrogant service like we were bothering them to be there. Do not recommend.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Terrific restaurant, sit outside and enjoy the weather. Excellent food and lemoncello. Initial waiter a bit rushed and impatient, otherwise the staff was pleasant.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hotel Syrene recomended this to us. The outdoor garden was gorgeous, with its lighting and vibe. We ordered the arugula salad with tomatoes, nice dressing and fresh. For our entree we split the lemon risotta with shrimp. It was perfect for my cousin and myself. Our experience is you must be patient with staff in Italy, they do things more casual as far as rushing requests and this restaurant is no exception. We felt the service was on par with the "Italian" way. We had the pear cheesecake for dessert and this was delicious, a bit of sweet at the end of the meal was perfect. Our friends had heard the white pizza was particularily good, although we did not try it ourselves.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This restaurant is at a very nice place with gardens and very pleasant. the food was terrific and the service was excellent.
A must when in Capri.