“Amazing!!!”

Luxury Villa Excelsior Parco
Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Capri
Reviewed June 1, 2014

My partner and I only stayed at the hotel for one night but what an experience it was. From the moment I made the reservation (2 months previously) Viviana could not do enough to help. Nothing was to much trouble for her and she made our stay on the island special. All of the staff truly make the hotel and what a great hidden gem! Everybody was so passionate about the island and could not do enough to make you feel comfortable and make the most of your visit.

The hotel itself was superb. The roof terrace has a magical view and the rooms were perfect also with great views. The gardens are well maintained and their was a great choice at breakfast with made to order pancakes/eggs. Even though they offer a free shuttle service from 9am to 9pm for their guests to or from the port / main square the location was perfect just a short stroll to the port. The hotel also offers a private beach for their guests at the Marina Grande.

I am dying to return to Capri and when I do I would not consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: The restaurant 'Da Paolino' Is A MUST
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EOMAR
Viviana A, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Luxury Villa Excelsior Parco, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2014

Dear Guest Mrs EOMAR,

thank you very much for your precious support...we are glad that you are dreaming of Capri by so far and we wish you to welcoming you at our Villa soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We only stayed for a night but it was such a pleasure. The staff are fabulous, from the lovely Viviana plus Chaminda who was our first driver. We were picked up from the harbour really easily and quickly, plus taken to the hotel for a welcome drink. It's these small things such as the ease of arrival and hospitality that make a big difference. I can see why the hotel has such good reviews.

Amazingly our ferry back to Naples was booked for us by our second very kind driver and everything sorted out for our boat trip around Capri. We then were allowed back to the hotel to collect our bags even though this meant another pick up and return. An amazing service that is free and much welcomed by us as we had a baby in tow. It couldn't have been easier and I doubt many hotels would do this so I'm glad I trusted the reviews and went for this one.

Just to note that the baby cot is chargeable and does not have a great mattress (we've had a little bit nicer mattresses on free cots for example); for one night no big issue but maybe not for a week (possibly this is being a bit fussy but worth mentioning as it could easily be improved for future babies).

The room itself is fine but the hotel entrance and grounds are really nice and probably more grand than the rooms (but I guess you don't go to Capri to sit in your room forever). Breakfast in the garden felt like a little treat. I caught a glimpse of the sunrise which may have been lovely had I ventured out so early.

We loved this place and would certainly recommend. Thanks for a lovely stay and really looking after us in Capri. I hope you continue to be booked up as the hotel deserves to do well. The staff are so great and are obviously what make the place successful!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank winge_masters
Viviana A, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Luxury Villa Excelsior Parco, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2014

Dear Guest Mrs Winge_mas,

thank you for your precious support. Since we constantly improve our job and every feature of our Villa, your impressions have been very useful and helped us to focus on the things to enhance.

We wish you to welcoming you again for a longer vacation and experience a new retreat in Capri.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

This is a superb little hotel, with only 11 rooms it has a great feel. The staff really contribute to the hotel, the guys in the restaurant, the ladies on the front desk and Andres the driver, all are wonderful and incredibly friendly and helpful. The staff are all passionate about the island and are happy to share their knowledge and advice.

The hotel itself is great, the roof terrace has a spectacular view and is very peaceful. For a hotel that says it does not have a restaurant the food is great. We had a couple of dinners in the hotel and they were both wonderful.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and we cannot wait to visit again.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr Jerry S,

thank you very much for your brilliant review, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Villa.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was by far the best service myself and my husband has ever received at any hotel regardless of star rating. We felt so welcomed and pampered from day one. There have been recent renovations that provide such comfort and a feeling of relaxation. I loved the view of the gulf. They offer free shuttle service which allowed us to freely move around the island.

I would only stay at the EP anytime I travel to Capri in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Tuffanil
Viviana A, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Luxury Villa Excelsior Parco, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2014

Dear Guest Mrs Tuffanil,

we are honoured to be your "gemi" in Capri! Thank you for your precious support..

We are looking forward to welcoming you at our Villa in the future!

Our warmest regards

Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for only 1 night but we got upgraded which made the stay even more memorable! The rooms are decorated in Classic Italian style the jacuzzi on our own private balcony was a nice addition! Le loved having the buffet breakfast in the gardens and found it very handy to have a chauffeur to run us to the marina or to town on demand!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest Klercia,

thank you very much for your important support, we are glad that you have fond memories of your single day in Capri and we wish you to welcoming you at our Villa for a longer retreat!

Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have used Tripadvisor for many years and this is my first hotel review. I have had better rooms, better food, better views, but never a more enjoyable hotel experience. That being said, the room was great, food exactly as I requested and a lovely view. The staff here make your vacation memorable and leave a smile on your face.

I booked a simple room, but was upgraded to two bedrooms with a deck and private Jacuzzi, picked up at the port promptly after calling, given welcome drinks and asked if I wanted help with Capri activities or to settle into the room. Never any pressure.

I had asked about skim milk and blueberries, they went to the store in the morning before breakfast and had them waiting for me, along with some delicious cherries. This was one of the cheapest hotels on our trip to the Amalfi Coast, and the only one that got this right.

Viviana must be the nicest concierge I have ever had, she arranged everything and did it because she enjoys her job, never overselling services or seeking a tip. I had communicated by email with her before coming and she was very attentive and responsive, I had a feeling this was going to be a good stay. They also got me tickets for everything at cost, saving time waiting in lines. I moved to a much more expensive hotel later and regretted the move.

I asked another woman about some plants, it turned out to be the owner, Stella, and she gave me a tour of the garden with all the plant names and told me about her kids, just as if I were family.

After moving to the other hotel, Viviana offered to have her driver, Andres, take me back to the ferry for the trip to Naples at no charge, even though I wasn't staying there. She also arranged to have my bags picked up. They picked up my bags, and I went on a tour ( that Viviana arranged, again with no charge) and when I called to have them pick me up, I wasn't clear about my location and Andres took my bags to the port, while we were still in Capri. I called and found that he was down there and there wasn't time enough for him to get me, so I took a taxi down while he waited. After he helped with the bags, he insisted on reimbursing us for the taxi. I wasn't even staying at their hotel, and the mistake was more mine than theirs, and in an expensive town where you are usually charged for everything this was incredible!

Capri is a paradise and can be overrun with tourists, it is nice to have a peaceful home base with the complimentary shuttle service. I loved Positano and Ravello, but this was by far my favorite spot and this was due in no small part to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank josh f
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We booked this hotel due to reviews on trip advisor.

Communicating with the hotel beforehand was a pleasure. Viviana goes out of her way to accommodate the guests needs and made me and my Godfather feel very welcome. We were picked up by the complimentary driver and driven to the hotel which is just minutes up from the port. On arrival we were greeted with a glass of Prosecco and taken to the roofgarden to see the wonderful views.

We were upgraded to the best room in the hotel, how wonderful. Cosy and beautifully decorated with large balcony and hot-tub. Bathroom is small but perfectly functional with a lovely selection of organic toiletries.. Great powerful rainfall shower. Bedding was luxurious and I slept very well.

The 2 guys who work the kitchen/room service/breakfast service can't do enough for you. Always smiling and nothing feels like too much an ask. They really are at the heart of what makes your stay enjoyable. I wish I could remember their names so I could mention them personally.

We ordered room service, all organic and delicious.

Hotel arranged a transfer to Naples airport for us which was Seamless, thank you.

Viviana also booked a table at a lovely restaurant for a belated birthday meal. Wow, great choice and I highly recommend leaving the choice to her. Was one of the highlights for me.

Only tiny recommendation I would make to anyone staying is to make sure you iron your clothes are ironed as hotel only has 3 micro ironing boards which are under demand.

All in all, great stay and thanks to all mentioned above for making us feel welcome!

Room Tip: Ask for the best room in the hotel, 31, you won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends