“Excellent location, wonderful staff”

Hotel Villa Sanfelice
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Capri
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Giampietro and all of the staff were very warm and welcoming and their recommendations were very good. This is an excellent place to stay and enjoy Capri.
They made all arrangements for side trips, activities and restaurants. The breakfast was very good and Francesco provided excellent service.
My wife, young son and I stayed here with our friends from Germany. We were comfortable everywhere in the hotel. They opened the bar even though it was still off season. We watched a Champions league soccer game and enjoyed wine and snacks with our hosts like the only guests in the hotel.
They arranged a tennis court for us and catered to our every need.
We would definitely return to this hotel and look forward to our next visit with Giampietro and the other staff.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hotel Villa Sanfelice is the perfect place to stay at Capri when you excpect value for money! You get a nice place to stay for a reasonable price, without ruin your holiday budget, (compared to other hotels at Capri), children are warmly welcomed, and the location is excellent, just a few hundred meters from the main square at Capri.

On warm days you could cool down at the big swimming pool in the very beautyful garden. The building gives you glimpces of the glory days when the hotel owner in the nineteenfities also manged the famous restaurant in the bay of Marina Piccola that was a favourite haunt of celebrities. The rooms has good standard and they are spacious. The breakfast is ok, the staff is friendly and very service minded - When the housmaid has visited your room, it really looks like your mom has been there to clean and tied up your mess.

Capri is in general one of the most beautyful place in Europe - When you find pearls like Hotel Villa Sanfelice, there is no reason to visit Capri for only one day and book hotels at the main land. The only negative thing to mention about the hotel, is that it was a bit to early that children was not allowed to use the swinmming pool after 13. in the afternoon and we missed a playground in the garden... Looking forward for the next stay at Capri!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank garden-tourist
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here 2011 with 7 gals from NYC we had a blast. Rooms were fine, showers could have used a bit more water pressure BUT the location couldn't be beat. The pool was a great meeting place the first day. There recommendations were great. Make sure you get some gelato up the street.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Ideal location, on a quiet street near the main square, this villa is surrounded by lots of palms, lemon trees and plenty of flowers everywhere. The lobby and marble stairs had that classic look. Our room was large and comfortable with a terrace overlooking the garden. The bed was so,so and not good enough for a 4* accomodation. Breakfast was very good, lots of choices. The staff, excellent.
Ps.Take a taxi to Anacapri and have a grand view of Capri Harbour, also
do not miss a boat trip to Blue Grotto, spectacular !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1trekky
Reviewed December 8, 2012

So, as many of you, my friend and I looked at so many hotels and read tons of reviews of where we should stay. It had been a long time since I treated myself to a nice trip and so I really wanted to be sure that we got something good. Eventually we landed on hotel villa Sanfelice, when we arrived we were so happy! It was even nicer then we expected and were super happy about our decision.
Capri is just so beautiful, and it made sense once we got there why it is as popular as it is. I usually steer clear of those types of places, but this place is so special. I think that where we stayed had a lot to do with it. Though it is in the center of the town, it is off the main path, so very quiet. The pool was very nice, so nice we did not make it down to the sea the first day. There is super good gelato close by and tons of places to eat.
I can't wait to stay here again. We stayed for 5 nights and could have easily done 2 weeks. Loved it and will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank wildflowersinafield
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Villa Sanfelice for one night in October. We would have stayed longer if they had the room. What a magnificent hotel!

While the views were maybe not as spectacular as other hotels on the island and the rooms may not be as big, this hotel made up for it in customer service! In the one night that we stayed at this hotel, we were made to feel comfortable, and were happily greeted every time we entered the hotel. The desk staff was also knowledgeable, and even able to book our ferry back to Naples, and transfer our bags - which really was a time saver! Even the housekeepers took time to acknowledge us every time we saw them, and asked how our stay was going.

Giampiero (at the front desk) really stood out as spectacular - assisting with us with everything we needed, he made the trip most memorable!

The only issue may be finding the hotel. But I found that the people on Capri were able to point us in the right direction!

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel! It is everything you could every want, especially in customer service!

Room Tip: I think every room in this hotel would be good!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Hotel is in a good location and is very clean, the views are not as good as you might get in some of the other Hotels but I think the price reflects this.

I enjoyed 2 nights and it was nice to walk around the center of Capri in the evening as the crowd leaves the island after a day trip.
Be careful when you arrive as a person with a white shirt that looks like a Hotel rep takes your luggage directly from the ferry as he will charge you €10 per bag without informing you of price, this will be charged to your Hotel bill. This would have worked out at €40 for my small group and I was able to get a Taxi for all four of us with bags for €25. You could easily get the tram for around €10 but was nice to experience white convertible taxi. The hotel is also happy to book various trips and this will be all charged to your room, i.e. when I was leaving they would have booked the ferry for €94 and had my bags again taken for €40. I got the Tram for €10 with bags and booked the ferry at the ticket office for €74. When we ordered drinks we were not able to pay for it cash and did not sign anything and got a nice €55 bill when leaving for few drinks. Just be careful they seem happy to run up a nice bill on the slate. it was the only thing I disliked about our stay. The Hotel restaurant recommendations were not as good as the ones I found on tripadvisor. I would stay there again for the price I received.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple