“The friendly staff is the highlight”

Capri Tiberio Palace
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Capri
nyc
“The friendly staff is the highlight”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The staff at reception are clearly well-trained and their genuine friendliness, eagerness to assist and knowledge of Capri are underrated factors in making Capri a highlight for any traveler. The hotel is comfortable and eclectically designed, with decor that spurred many an idea for my own home. Breakfast was amazing, and though we woke up late (beyond the cutoff time), they found a way to accommodate us in the bar. Central location makes it easy to reach, and every local has heard of the hotel name. Says it all really.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hello w
TozziCapri, Direttore generale at Capri Tiberio Palace, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Hello w,

I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us at Capri Tiberio Palace. It was a pleasure welcoming you and we are pleased to hear how much you liked the dècor and style giving the idea of the house of a great traveler.
I am also pleased that you appreciated the friendliness and competence of the whole staff.
Our aim is to make guests feel welcome at our Home and we are proud to have been part of your Capri holiday experience. Your kind compliments will definitely spur us to do better and better and all of us at Capri Tiberio Palace look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Francesca Tozzi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Turkish first
Ada, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Friendliest staff on Capri, hands down. They were extremely accommodating. Very nice room, pool and fantastic views from the pool and the restaurant. An excellent choice for any traveler. Also their English was excellent and the food was fantastic as well.

Room Tip: Simone the GM is a heck of a good guy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ben C
Dear Ben C,

Thank you for choosing Capri Tiberio Palace for your recent stay in Capri. It was our great pleasure to have you as our Guest. I am truly delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable stay with us.
I am happy to know that you appreciated the competence of our welcoming staff, the hotel rooms and facilities and that you enjoyed the wonderful views from the pool and the restaurant.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a good friend of mine on a reunion trip (we'd been to Capri 10 years before). We were upgraded at check in which was hugely appreciated and made the stay there great. The hotel itself is stunningly decorated, and the breakfasts were amazing. But what made the hotel stand out were the incredible staff.
So courteous and willing to help all the time. We had a particularly stressful transportation drama with ferries only being in the afternoon - and we needed a morning ferry to Amalfi to pick up our hire car left at the previous hotel there, to enable us to catch our flight back to London the same night.
The staff at reception were truly amazing in this regard - helping us resolve this issue. In particular, I would like to make a special mention of a lovely lady called Giada, who in all respects went over and above her normal duties to help us resolve this isue. She came up with lots of different options for us and helped us investigate each and every one of them. Thank you so much Giada!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mcclusm12,

Thank you for your excellent review. My Team and I are so pleased you had a wonderful time while staying with us. I truly appreciated your comments about the competent and helpful staff. My Team is proud and happy to have played a significant role in your great experience with us and we all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

tokyo
Reviewed April 30, 2013

walking back to room i see trought open door the chambermaid clean a water glass from the dirty toilet towel!! 5 stars service? nothing else to say. then we understand that five star hotel not mean great service.

Room Tip: stay far from there!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank mojito s
Dear mojito s,

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor. I am so very sorry you did not experience a pleasant holiday at Capri Tiberio Palace. I shared your comments with my housekeeping team and we can now use your feedback as a learning opportunity to improve our service.

I do hope this will not deter you from visiting us again and I am sure you will experience our cleanliness and attention to details.

Kind regards,

sudbury
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We went for lunch and were asked several times if we were staying at the hotel....no we were not we were daytripping like most others on the island in April. I have to say we had a lovely bottle of wine and a full lunch unlike patrons around us staying at the hotel (only having salads), but we did not receive any special attention, but felt mostly unwelcome, pitty as this is a lovely property we may have considered staying here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TozziCapri, Direttore generale at Capri Tiberio Palace, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Happysanman,

Thank you for having shared your comment about the Terrazza Tiberio.

I would like to apologize to you personally if you felt unwelcomed in our restaurant. I’m sorry to hear that you did not find our staff to be as friendly and helpful as we expect them to be at all times.

Of course I would like to share your impressions to the staff for their consideration and it would be helpful to know if you came this year as we have opened on April 18th or last year before we closed on October 20th. .

I hope, however, that despite your disappointment, we will be able to show you the true Capri Tiberio Palace style on another occasion, giving us a chance to change your mind.

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have very mixed feeling about this Hotel in Capri. I arrived with my friend and we had booked the Suite for a 4 night stay. When we arrived to the Suite we immediately fell in love, it was very spacious, the bathroom was nice and clean and we had an ENORMOUS terrace with a gorgeous sea view. The service is not a 5 star service, I have to agree with some of the readers, many of the waiters at the pool side mind their own business or try to hit on you if you are a girl.. which can get bothersome (the worst thing is you might even bump into them at the club or bar at night and they want to talk/drink with you because they think they know you). The pool side area is tiny, did not love it. After the 4 days we enjoyed Capri so much that we wanted to extend our stay, one more night. We were told that the Suite was not available for an extra night and that they would give as a normal room... That's when everything started going downhill.. The room was literally horrific, no sea view, no nice bathroom, no comfortable big bed.. And yes, I know that the suite is obviously much nicer in every hotel, but we were definitely not expecting a change this big between the two. The wonderful thing about the hotel is the location, you can literally go everywhere by foot (except for the beaches which are on another side of the island). If you decide for this hotel either do it well and go for the suite or look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LuxuryWorldwide
Lugano, Switzerland
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed with my friend 2 nights in May 2012 from 25th to 27th.

The location of the hotel is very good....but the service and personnel is awful ... We arrived in the hotel with a friend of mine. We entered in the room and from the begging you could tell that this is not a 5 star hotel. WC button did not work, we push it and it fell inside; the balcony was dirty and you did not have any bathroom kit in the bathroom. We went to the reception to complain and they told us that we booked just a standard room, it is not a suite...in that moment I was wondering if I was in a 5 star hotel????? Regarding the WC they promised to fix it, when we came back we found out that they did not fix anything...so we complained again and FINALLY the service guy came to our room and fixed it. Do you think that all??? No we went to sleep and we found a hole in the ceiling. Next morning we told them but again we were ignored. Just the last day I met the manager and I told him about everything and he told me that there was a mistake and they gave us a wrong room ( not refurbished one) and he really apologized and proposed, at 8 p.m, to upgrade our room to a suite but we were leaving the day after at 6 o' clock in the morning...so what was the sense of moving??? When I refused he told me that next time IF it is not a high season they will upgrade my booking....Are we kidding???

To conclude: we were 2 girls with the long hairs and we had just 1 small shampoo...even in a 2 stars hotel you usually find two.

The island is beautiful, and I am sure, given that it is not my first time in Capri, for this price you can find better hotels and services. Would definitely NOT recommend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
13 Thank Zarina S
TozziCapri, Direttore at Capri Tiberio Palace, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Ms Zarina S

We are sincerely sorry and surprised at the same time for such a negative impression we have provided during your stay with us a year ago.

Of course, what you have experienced is certainly not the level of service and attitude we wish to offer in our hotel and believe me that our focus is to strive for excellence every day.

All I can say is that I have shared your comments with the Head Department involved and on behalf of all my staff I really apologize for what you have experienced.

We would like to invite you to give us another change to prove you that we care and we want to make it up.
Please do not hesitate to contact me in personally during a future visit to Capri.

Kind regards