“Always perfect”

Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in Capri
Uk
“Always perfect”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Once again a brilliant 2 week stay at this lovely hotel. Pietro, Paola, Roxanna all brilliant. Lovely room and sea view from balcony, clean, comfortable a delight! The pool area is lovely and relaxing and you just take a dip when you are too hot. The buffet breakfast is served until 12 which suits us perfectly, fresh coffee, fruit, fruit juice, toast, cakes - it has everything
Not forgetting the fact that it is perfectly located for the piazza and other attractions around the area yet quiet and relaxing
Some updating has been done around the place and it looks fresh and clean - a pleasure once again even though it's our 5th year - l'anno prossima

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
new york
Reviewed July 6, 2013

It's just the quintessential Capri perfection : location, decor, service, clean. I don't understand why this hotel is only three stars . Family run , it's very quite , without the chaos of a big hotel.
Rooms are large and well decorated. The breakfast is very excellent with homemade cakes .
Charming swimming pool in a lemon trees and jasmine garden overlooking the Mediterranean sea. Bellissimo !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I wish to thank Pietro, Paola and their son Antonio for their great hospitality.
The Canasta hotel was excellent, very beautiful and clean room, excellent long breakfast (I did not need to have lunch!), lovely swimming pool, garden and everything.
I wish also to thank Oxana for her kindness and the very tasty cakes she bakes.
Capri is Paradise on Earth and I will love to come back as soon as I can and I will obviously stay at the Canasta hotel!
Thanks to all again.
Natalia Moiseeva
London

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have a better view, but I preferred a room overlooking the garden, Room N 41, which...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Natalia M
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were recommended this hotel by my cousin and it was the best thing that she has ever done for me. We had an ocean view room that was very comfortable and clean with a huge terrace and tastefully decorated. The swimming pool and surrounding area was beautiful. The manager was fantastic and nothing was ever a problem, he couldn't do enough for us. The lady waitress was was very obliging and ran to get whatever you ordered.
I would definitely recommend staying there and will be staying there again next time. 10 put of 10 !

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Pepe131
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This family run hotel is a gem - clean, elegant, and the customer service is incredible. The owner Pietro greeted us our first night with wine and snacks, and even got a special Sprite for our 8 year old son. He gave us tips on what to do and made numerous calls to set us up for dinners for several nights. He has a passion for this hotel, built by his father when he was a child. Over our 3 days there we met his wife and daughter and son in law who all also work there - and they were each as gracious. The room itself was beautiful. And the breakfast - to die for awesome. Fresh warm croissants and eggs and cheeses and salamis. When I got there late one morning, the woman who serves made me fresh warm eggs and fresh croissants just for me...overall the best decision we made was to stay here instead of the larger hotel in Capri we were also considering. This is a short walk from everything - but quiet and the pool overlooks the water. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank PeegeExplores
Sausalito, California
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I found this hotel through TripAdvisor last year, and enjoyed my stay so much that this year I returned and requested the same room. Pietro and his family are very helpful and friendly, and when you book your room they send you helpful instructions of how to connect from Naples and Sorrento. Roxana, who oversees the breakfast room, will make you feel like a cherished guest. The location is just perfect in my opinion: close to the shops and restaurants but far enough away to let you relax and just listen to the birds when you want to get away from it all.

Room Tip: Rooms 25 and 26 have sea-view terraces with that are larger than the rooms themselves. Although the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim C
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We loved this hotel- the location is convenient (away from the main road but only 10mim walk from the main road), the room was very spacious and clean, and the breakfast was very good. There was a lot of choices for breakfast, including eggs made the way you would like them. They didn't have a set time for breakfast so it was at your convenience. Also, you had the option of sitting outside or indoors for breakfast. The staff were very friendly too.
We had a bottle of water from the minibar and it wasn't charged, which I thought was a nice gesture.
The hotel isn't far away from the 2 most famous beaches at the Fragolini rocks.
A very simple and elegant hotel, which I would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple