Hotel Canasta
Hotel Mamela(Capri)(Great Value!)
$366
$302
  • Breakfast included
Hotel della Piccola Marina(Capri)(Great Value!)
$322
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Relais Maresca(Capri)(Great Value!)
$153
$146
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Sanfelice(Capri)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Weber Ambassador Capri(Capri)(Great Value!)
$189
$172
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Hotel La Floridiana(Capri)(Great Value!)
$257
$214
Travelocity
$279
$262
$635
$578
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsla canastavilla margheritasea viewhis wifethe pool area was lovelybuca di baccosqueezed orange juiceevery morninglovely hotelfamily run hotelhotel ownerthe breakfast areaquiet locationcapri townfresh fruitblue grottoa wonderful stay
Reviewed September 29, 2012

In 2011 I stayed at Hotel Canasta for over 8 weeks from October-December. All I can say that after living in the US for 32 years and having traveled around the world (yes all 7 continents- Africa and Antartica included) from Luxury villas to Ritz Carlton all the way to B&B's and convents, I had the most pleasant experience of my life. The owners Pietro and Paola and their daughter did treat me like family taking care of every need, always with great disposition and humor. Paola even baked a Capri cake for me to take to my family in Chile for Christmas. Whenever I am back in Capri, I'm always received with great warmth. They have afforded the same treatment to friends and to those I have recommended Hotel Canasta. Looking forward to my bext stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed at the Canasta for three nights in mid September and cannot think of a single negative. The location is excellent, very central but extremely quiet. We opted for one of their seaview rooms with terrace which are, of course, the best rooms in the house and also the most expensive. If a seaview terrace is not on your list of priorities then you can stay there more cheaply and still enjoy their friendly hospitality and the lovely garden with pool and view. Breakfast taken outdoors in the courtyard was great, served by smiling staff. Deserving a particular mention is the charming owner Pietro who is both helpful and in posession of a great sense of humour. Capri is certainly an expensive location but a gorgeous spot to spend a few days.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We just returned from Italy and had the most amazing trip to Capri which was due to the fantastic hotel (Hotel Canasta) that we stayed at!!! Capri is a beautiful fantasy island and a great place to escape from the bustling city of Toronto, Canada! I am quite picky about hotels, the rooms, public spaces, landscaping etc. because I am an interior desginer with a discerning eye. The Canasta did not disappoint. The landscaping was stunning, the pool with the sea view was gorgeous and there were very nice sun chaises with comfortable cushions. We had breakfast every morning in the courtyard terrace under modern canvas umbrellas - surrounded by lemon trees and pots overflowing with flowers. There is a pretty indoor breakfast room in case it rains. The hotel interior is very fresh having been recently renovated using the prettiest local ceramic tiles for the flooring. When I entered the hotel lobby/ reception area I was taken aback at how fresh it was (apparenlty they repaint every season), interesting (the local patterned ceramic tiles) and modern (slipcovered seating in a soft gray linen) and friendly (the hotel owner greeting us with the biggest smile on his face).

The buffet breakfast is exceptional and substantial (including scrambled eggs) and they have amazing cappucinos and hot chocolate every morning. As well they have very good chocolate and white cake at the buffet - these cakes are a specialty from the island.

Our room was very spacious, clean, and had french doors that led to a pretty terrace with gorgeous plants. The painted furniture was vintage and very pretty. There was a lot of closet space (hanging and drawers). The room was airconditioned and the washroom was a very good size and very bright and clean. I believe our room was the medium size room with a garden terrace.

The hotel owners (husband and wife) and all of the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. The service was what you would expect to receive at a 5 star hotel.

The hotel location is ideal in Capri town and within walking distance from everything and far enough away from the piazza that it was super quiet.

Friends of ours from England waited too late to book and so they had to stay at another 3 star hotel in Capri town. They said that our hotel far excceed theirs and they couldn't believe how gorgeous the pool area was - they stayed a bit closer to the piazza and they said their hotel was a bit tired.

We LOVED Hotel Canasta and will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Our room was facing the sea............we loved it even though we were only on the bottom level.....the garden terrace was gorgeous
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Stayed in June 2012.

The room was not huge but bright with nice outside space...

What I enjoyed the most at this hotel was the swimming pool with amazing view of the ocean... Breakfast in the courtyard... (and great Italian coffee, Mmmmm!)

Also, R.BUONOCORE is 2 mins walk from this hotel (the BEST gelato I've had in Italy).

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I go to Hotel Canasta quite often to merge business with pleasure. The owner is always very nice and the quality of the breakfast excellent. The hotel has a great pool with sea views. All is modern and in style with the island. Make sure to get the sea-view rooms located on the upper floor. You might get a side room overlooking a wall. I think is very good value for money if you take in consideration the location and the hotel itself

• Stayed: July 2012